I love butternut squash and I love to use it as a main base for a soup. It’s a perfect for fall or anytime when you want a delicious and easy soup to make. Adding apples gives it a little sweetness without adding sugar. I’ve been making butternut squash soup for years and it usually involves me roasting the butternut squash and then pureeing it and heating it up. But I don’t always have time to roast the squash in the oven (working mom), so I was looking for an easier way and I think this may be the winner! You’ll love my healthy Butternut Squash Apple Soup!
Butternut Squash and Apple Soup (Instant Pot Recipe & Whole 30 Compliant)
- Whole butternut squash peeled and cut up into smaller cubes
- 1 apple peeled and cut up
- Ginger powder or pureed ginger I like the ginger that comes in the tube from the supermarket
- 4 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- Olive oil to taste
- Hit the sauté button on your Instant Pot to pre-heat it.
- When you see the word "HOT", add the olive oil and add some of butternut squash cubes and brown ever so slightly for around 5 minutes.
- Then add the rest of the squash and the rest of the ingredients.
- Close and lock the Instant Pot.
- Press manual and then use + to add 10 minutes <g class="gr_ gr_84 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="84" data-gr-id="84">high pressure</g> cooking time.
- When the time is up, open using Quick Release (release the pressure instantly by pressing cancel and then twisting the venting knob).
- Puree the mixture by either using an immersion blender right in the instant pot or take the mixture and put it into a blender, like my trusty Vitamix.