This post contains affiliate links.
Who loves Snow Crabs? I was watching the new season of Grace and Frankie on Netflix when Lily Tomlin’s Frankie kept mentioning Snow Crab Legs and how much she wanted to eat them (yes, this was the very funny crosswalk episode). This past week I was at my local supermarket when I saw wild-caught Alaskan Snow Crabs and couldn’t resist picking up a package. Since we love seafood, I knew this was a good idea. And of course making them in the Instant Pot was a must! Instant Pot Alaskan Snow Crab Legs
This is based on a recipe from Allrecipes.
You’ll need snow crab legs — I found wild-caught, as well as water, lemon juice, and butter. Make sure you have a trivet or steaming basket for your instant pot.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can use a steamer basket in a pot on your stove. When you add your snow crabs, look over what it’s your package — there were two pieces of the crab that weren’t usable.
Of course, you can get amazing Alaskan Snow Crab Legs from our affiliate partner Cameron’s Seafood – so that will be how I’ll order this next time. Order Snow Crab Legs (or pick them up from your local fish market or supermarket), make sure your instant pot is clean then then print out the directions below!
YouTube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCoWpjyFmXo
I served this with a salad, spanish rice, and shrimp cocktail. Make sure you have something to break the crab legs with! Instant Pot Alaskan Snow Crab Legs
Instant Pot Snow Crab Legs
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1 large package of wild-caught Snow Crabs
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- Take out your instant pot and put a steamer basket or trivet
- Add water to your instant pot
- Add snow crabs
- Put the lid on and turn it to sealing.
- Put on manual for 3 minutes
- After the Instant pot finishes cooking and beeps, let it sit for 5 more minutes. Then do a quick release (there will be steam)
- Place on a plate, add lemon juice and then serve with melted butter.