I love chili – both vegan and turkey chili, but since I’m following WW, I frankly don’t always want to use 2-3 points per cup of marinara sauce to make either chili. Enter a White Chicken Chili that before toppings is 1 WW SmartPoint per serving. It’s delicious, filling and so hearty! It’s the perfect thing for a cold night. Plus, your family won’t know that it’s waistline friendly and just think that it’s amazing.Jump to Recipe
It’s pretty much the same as my turkey chili. You’ll need an Instant Pot, ground chicken (or you can sub in sliced raw chicken breast), corn, oil spray, yellow peppers, onions, garlic, mushrooms, chicken broth, celery, white beans, chili seasoning (McCormick makes a white chili seasoning that contains wheat flour, so if you’re gluten free, you’ll need to find a substitute). If you cannot get the fresh produce now because of the Coronavirus, you can leave out some of the fresh veggies and sub in frozen or canned.
WW SmartPoints Info:
Everything is a zero point food, except for the seasoning packet, which scans as 1 SP for tbsp. That works out to be 1 point per cup of this white chicken chili. If you add a 1/4 cup of reduced fat cheddar, it would be 3 extra SP. You can also add guac (just add the SP) or add some salsa (zero points) or fat free greek yogurt for zero points. I even like to add baked blue corn chips (which is 4 SP for 13 chips).
Turn your instant pot on saute’ mode.
Use spray oil to coat the bottom of your instant pot.
Add garlic cubes or cloves, chopped onions, celery, and raw ground chicken
Start sauteeing everything together.
When it’s cooked, turn off the saute’ mode.
Add your veggies and beans.
Add 4 Cups of chicken broth and then 2 cups of water.
Turn on manual pressure for 14 minutes.
Make sure your vent is set to sealing
Let it do a natural release for 10 minutes (as don’t touch it).
Then quickly release your steam valve and serve.
Make sure to be careful when you do this.
Make sure to use protective gloves when you release the pressure on your instant pot.
You can top with reduced fat cheddar (just add in the SmartPoints – I usually would add 1/8 or 1/4 of shredded reduced fat cheddar), guac (just count the points, 13 blue tortilla chips for 4 points or nonfat greek yogurt for 0 SmartPoints.
If you need an instant pot, I love this one.
I don’t tell my family that any of recipes are WW compliant. They are healthy recipes that I feel good serving them and I get to enjoy these recipes without guilt. For me, WW is a plan that I can live with and thrive on, all while losing weight and feeling good. If you are interested in joining, please click the logo below or any of my WW links.
White Turkey Chili (1 WW SP)
- Electric Pressure Cooker
- 2 packages Ground Chicken Look for one with a a lower fat content
- 2 cubes Garlic
- Oil Spray
- 1 cup Mushrooms
- 1 can Corn
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 4 cups Chicken broth
- 1 packet white chili seasoning
- 1 cup Celery (chopped) Around 4-6 stalks
- 2 cans White Beans (Great Northern or Cannellini)
- Turn your instant pot on saute' mode.
- Use spray oil to coat the bottom of your instant pot.
- Add garlic cubes or cloves, chopped onions, and raw ground chicken.
- Start sauteeing everything together.
- When it’s cooked through, add celery next and saute' for a few more minutes.
- Turn off the saute' mode.
- Add your veggies and beans.
- Add 4 Cups of chicken broth and then 2 cups of water.
- Turn on manual pressure for 14 minutes. Make sure your vent is set to sealing.
- Let it do a natural release for 10 minutes (as don't touch it).
- Then quickly release your steam valve and serve. Make sure to be careful when you do this. I like to use Make sure to use protective gloves.
- You can top with reduced fat cheddar (just add in the SmartPoints – I usually would add 1/8 or 1/4 of shredded reduced fat cheddar), guac (just count the points), 13 blue tortilla chips for 4 points or nonfat greek yogurt for 0 SmartPoints.
If you’re looking for a vegan chili that’s healthy and WW Compliant, check out my recipe: