By Contributor Valerie Blackwell –
I have been using and loving my three wheel stroller for the last two years and didn’t think anything could compare to its convenience and practicality. But I was wrong. The Joovy 2014 Scooter Single Stroller ($299) is sleek, maneuverable, durable, easy to assemble and is a more than adequate replacement.
I recently received one to review. The Scooter came in pieces with a thorough set of instructions that were clear and easy to understand. I laid out the main body of the stroller, four wheels, the canopy, belly bar, rear axle and various pins and washers. It took me about 35 minutes to assemble all the parts. The front wheels snapped in very easily and the rear axle slid right in to place with a click. When I had trouble attaching the rear wheels, I called Joovy’s customer service and Anthony helped me finish the job.
Once I got it assembled, I tried it out with my two year old. The front wheels turn 360 degrees, making it very easy to maneuver. The Scooter has great storage that is easily accessible, a five point harness and a huge canopy to block out the sun’s rays. The adjustable handlebar makes the Scooter adaptable for people of varying heights but unfortunately makes the stroller feel a little flimsy when pushing. I like the reflective strips on both the canopy and the harness that make the Scooter a little safer to use when it’s dark out. I also like that the seat reclines to an almost flat position for napping and can be easily removed for cleaning.
The Joovy Scooter costs $299 and is recommended for children ages three months and older and who weigh up to up to 55 pounds.
• Height adjustable handlebar (10 positions) from 29” to 41.75” high
• Light reflective, adjustable 5-point harness with padded shoulder pads
• In-seat mesh pockets for child’s toys, bottles or sippy cups
• Stands when folded
• One-step linked parking brake
• Swivel lock front wheels
• Quick release front wheels
• Removable, washable seat
• Reversible, washable padded seat liner with fleece on one side and 600D fabric on the other
• Two position footrest with a flat position for napping
• Huge four panel canopy with a peek-a-boo window and light reflective material
• Quick trigger fold with in-seat carry handle and automatic fold lock
• Removable bumper bar with removable and washable cover
• 2 attached cup holders and one plastic removable cup holder mounts on side of stroller frame
• Zippered pocket for parents essentials (8”x8”x2”)
• Zippered access to basket when seat is fully reclined so not to disturb sleeping child
Thank you to Joovy for sending a sample for review.