I’m a huge fan of BOB strollers, so when I was recently invited to attend an exercise event with BOB at Sports Club LA in NYC, of course I had to go. We were introduced to the new BOB Revolution PRO and theRevolution FLEX, as well as getting a stroller workout in. How is the Revolution Pro different than the other Revolutions? It includes a new handbrake, plus a handlebar that adjusts to nine different positions to create the perfect fit for any parent’s height. This is great for families with spouses with major height differences. In addition, the stroller is now equipped with hand-activated rear drum brakes for added control to conquer hills and inclines. The Revolution PRO is available in a new Wilderness (green), Black and Orange – all with silver frames. Tips for Jogging and Exercising With Babies and Toddlers in Tow
The Revolution FLEX also offers the adjustable handlebar to accommodate every parent’s stature. The stroller’s expanded color options now include Black with black frame, Wilderness with black frame, Lagoon (aqua blue) with silver frame and Orange with silver frame.
Gia Alvarez of RunGiaRun gave us some tips and led us through a workout. Now, I’ve jogged and done 5K walks with my stroller, but did you know you can do more than jog or walk with your BOB Stroller — you can work out using it?
Gia gave us some great tips on jogging with babies and toddlers:
We were also taught to use resistance bands to work our arms and legs out.
Plus, you can lock your stroller and do plank stretches right on your handlebars!
Tips for Jogging with Babies and Toddlers
1. Your child should be over 8 months old and have good head and neck control. But you can use a jogging stroller with a baby from birth with a car seat or a reclined seat. Just don’t jog until they are ready. We’ve had a couple of BOB Revolution Strollers over the years and they are very smooth rides (so your child will be very comfortable, whether you’re jogging with them or just walking over the bad sidewalks in your neighborhood).
2. If you are jogging or walking very fast, lock the front wheel of your BOB. Just move the red pin by the front axel to lock the wheel.
3. Use the safety strap around your wrist — you will be moving fast and your stroller could get away from you.
4. Try to have a natural grip (see the video above for examples on this), if your grip is awkward (you know what I mean), you can actually hurt yourself.
5. Use common sense – if you are jogging on a hotter day, make sure your child (and you stay hydrated), put the sun canopy down, try to stay on shady trails and streets.
When we got home, we took my toddler for a spin in the Revolution Pro. We just donated our Revolution SE, so he is familiar with it. However, this is “The Green Stroller” and he loves it. It’s great to have the handbrake and the adjustable handle is great for my taller husband.
Features of the BOB Revolution Pro and Flex:
- Swiveling front wheel, which offers superior maneuverability and locks forward for increased jogging stability
- High-impact polymer composite wheels with pneumatic tires and tubes to take on tough terrain
- Easy, two-step folding, lightweight frame for convenient transport and storage
- State-of-the-art, adjustable suspension system for an exceptionally smooth ride
- Five-point padded harness to keep children comfortably secure
- Low-boy cargo basket, providing plenty of undercarriage storage
The Revolution PRO and the Revolution FLEX are suitable for children starting at eight weeks, or from birth with the use of the BOB Infant Car Seat Adapter and BOB B-Safe or other compatible infant car seats.
Buy BOB Strollers on Amazon.
Thank you to Britax for giving a sample Revolution Pro to play with. This post contains affiliate links.