By Joyce Evans, publisher of Macaroni Kid, Lake Worth
Are you in the market for a double stroller, that’s lightweight, compact, and full of countless options? The Joovy Ultralight Caboose Stroller ($269) is exactly what you’ve been looking for! Add on the Caboose Too Seat and the rear bench turns into second seat! This perfect solution for families like mine who are looking for a compact double for those with children close in age. What did we like the most? (Read more after the jump)
What I liked the most:
- The 4-Wheel Suspension with Linked Rear Brake: Most of the week I’m on my own with the kids and I like the option of being able to take a light weight stroller for both children that still has all the features I expect from a large bulky stroller. The Ultralight Caboose is just that; there is a parent organizer; two cup holders, two pockets, a zippered pocket that’s perfect for keys, cell phones, camera and anything else you need to keep safe.
- The storage basket is sturdy with side pockets that can hold plenty of things for a parent on the go. Plus it’s HUGE!
- Caboose Ultralight folds compactly for storage: It fit in my compact car and I still had room for other items.
- It only weighs 21 pounds, so lifting the Ultralight in and out of the car was easy!
- The stroller is very safe; my 2 year old is sneaky these days and is always trying to undo his buckle. Luckily he didn’t have any success in his new seat; he could not unbuckle it and could not figure out how to lift the tray!
- The Oversized Canopy has a sun visor extension that provides shade for both children and protection from the sun we’re in every day. We live in South Florida, so sun protection is essential for us.
I received many compliments while out and about with the Joovy stroller because of its unique look and vibrant color. It’s compact, but yet my 4 year old had plenty of room in the back seat for her legs. Both seats have the option to recline back, and that will come in handy for our visits to theme parks, 5k’s and strolls around the neighborhood.
Weight: 24 lbs
Stroller Dimensions Folded: 10.5” H x 21.5” W x 43” D
Stroller Dimensions Open: 41.5” H x 21.5” W x 38” D
Stroller Back Seat/Platform – Age – Max Weight – Max Height: 2.5 yrs.+ – 45 lbs. / 20.41 kg. – 44”
Stroller Front Seat – Age – Max Weight – Max Height: 3 months+ – 45 lbs. / 20.41 kg. – 40”
Car Seat System – Age: Birth+
Joovy definitely had the parent and child in mind when designing this sleek, compact, versatile stroller!
Click here to get $40 off the Too Seat (ends May 15).
Thank you to Joovy for sending us the stroller for review purposes.