We don’t cook with tofu very often, so this vegan tofu teriyaki stir fry that my husband made a couple of weeks ago was a refreshing change from the way we usually cook (usually we make chicken dishes). Plus, we invested in a better wok – which made all the difference.
Don’t be scared of using a wok, it was pretty easy! If you don’t have a wok, a large frying or sauté pan is fine. Stir fry dishes are pretty simple and quick to make (you literally cannot mess them up! Use any vegetable you want, low sodium teryaki, firm tofu, and rice noodles. If you prefer rice or cauliflower rice, that will work also.
Vegan Tofu Teriyaki Stir Fry Recipe
Fresh broccoli (one head)
Mushrooms (we used Bella mushrooms)
Low sodium teriyaki sauce
Garlic to taste
Prepare rice noodles according to directions, which including soaking in hot water and then boiling the noodles for 4 minutes.
Cube tofu and marinate in teriyaki sauce for 20 minutes
Cut up mushrooms and broccoli
Add olive oil and garlic to wok and heat
Stir fry mushrooms and broccoli, then add noodles and tofu.
This turned out to be absolutely delicious — and my ever picky kids loved it. I think I would make more things with tofu — please leave me any good links to recipes that you love in the comments!
Vegan Tofu Teriyaki Stir Fry
- Fresh broccoli one head
- Mushrooms we used Bella mushrooms
- Firm tofu
- Low sodium Teriyaki Sauce
- Rice noodles
- Garlic to taste
- Olive Oil
- Prepare rice noodles according to directions, which including soaking in hot water and then boiling the noodles for 4 minutes.
- Cube tofu and marinate in teriyaki sauce for 20 minutes
- Cut up mushrooms and broccoli
- Add olive oil and garlic to wok and heat
- Stir fry mushrooms and broccoli, then add noodles and tofu.
This post contains affiliate links.
We too do not cook with tofu frequently, but when we do we wonder why not. This is a good recipe.