Love your spiralizer? How about making Sweet Potato Spiralized Latkes? (and they’re gluten free)? You’ll need two sweet potatoes, some brown sugar, gluten free flour (just use regular all-purpose flour if you don’t want it gluten free), eggs, cinnamon, and nutmeg. And since Hanukkah is starting, this will be super quick to whip up. Or fry up! Spiralized Sweet Potato Latkes (Gluten Free)
Peel your sweet potatoes and spiralize!
Let the potatoes sit for a little while and then use a paper towel to sop up some of the liquid.
Mix sweet potatoes, eggs, brown sugar, flour, cloves and cinnamon together, then heat oil in large pan,
form mixture into small discs and cook in hot oil.
Turn discs over after 2 to 3 minutes (when bottom is browned) and brown other side.
Drain and serve warm.
Serve with applesauce or sour cream. The latkes will be slightly sweet, which works really well with the sweet potatoes. You can substitute stevia or agave if you wish, or leave it out entirely.
Sweet Potato Spiralized Latkes (Gluten-Free) – Recipe adapted from All Recipes
Spiralized Sweet Potato Latkes (Gluten Free)
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon gluten free flour just use regular all-purpose flour if you don't want it gluten free,
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg or cloves
- Olive oil can use canola or coconut oil
- Spiralized 2 sweet potatoes
- Then use a paper towel to get some of the liquid out of the potatoes.
- Mix sweet potatoes, eggs, brown sugar, flour, cloves and cinnamon together
- Heat oil in large pan
- Form mixture into small discs and cook in hot oil. Turn discs over after 2 to 3 minutes (when bottom is browned) and brown other side
- Drain and serve warm
- Serve with applesauce or sour cream
If you need a spiralizer, this is the one I have.
This post contains affiliate links.