by Contributing Blogger Maytal Wichman
Studies have shown that holding and touching babies often is crucial to their emotional, physical and mental development and that is why I hold my babies as often as possible. Having said that, I also believe that playtime on the floor on their back and tummy is important and should be a part of an infant’s daily routine. A good activity mat is therefore necessary in order to stimulate their senses and to provide exercise. Tiny Love Gymini Move & Play is a 5-in-1 activity mat that grows with your baby and can be used for up to a year. (Read More after the jump)
Here are the 5 ways you can use it:
1. As a standard activity mat.
2. Raising the borders to create an enclosure when your baby begins to roll, if you want to prevent him from rolling off the mat:
3. Sliding arches can move toys lower so a smaller infant can be able to reach them:
4. All of the toys, including the mirror, can be moved on their own for tummy time:
5. You can remove the arches completely and turn it into just a mat which can be easily folded and packed. This is perfect for when your baby is older – you can take it with you to the library, a picnic, etc. The mat itself has built-in toys on it, such as a zebra’s mane and tail for the baby to pull on and an elephant’s ear.
The activity mat comes with 7 adorable hanging toys, including a musical toy which lights up and plays music when the baby pulls on the monkey teether. There are 7 different tunes and they’re are all really fun and upbeat and perfectly appropriate for a newborn. Plus I love that there’s a volume button.
I tried out the activity mat with a friend’s 7-month-old baby. She’s still young enough to enjoy laying down on her back and exploring all the hanging toys. I adjusted the arches and they were very easy to handle. The baby is also able to sit on her own and had fun pulling on the music toy and just looking at everything with delight and curiosity.
You can buy the activity mat on Amazon for $59.81
I was not paid for this post. I did receive a playmat for review purposes.
Contributing Blogger Maytal Wichman is the owner of Mama’s Healthy Bites and also writes for Savvy Sassy Moms. Maytal has been living in New York City for eleven years. She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in English Literature as well as a Law Degree, but writing about nutrition and helping families eat better is her true passion. She grew up in both California and Israel, which explains her love for California cuisine (fresh, local ingredients), as well as Mediterranean food (flavorful, heart-healthy ingredients). Maytal is a mom to two kids (ages 5 & 3) and works hard to ensure they eat healthy, unprocessed food, while trying to make it as delicious as possible. Married to a vegetarian and being a pescetarian herself, this can be quite a challenge. On an ordinary night at her dinner table, you can hear things like “More cauliflower, please!”, “How come I didn’t get a lot of tomato?” and “Fish oil! Yaaaay!”.