As our babies get older, our backs, arms, hips, and legs (well, pretty much everything!) get more tired and more sore from carrying our little ones around. My baby is about 20lbs now and I know my body is feeling every pound of her each day. I have a traditional front carrier for her, but was excited when given the opportunity to test the Hipster – a carrier which allows for not only front carrying but side (hip) carrying.
The Hipster is unique in that it has a seat for the baby to sit on. The seat can be positioned on your hip or middle and helps to create a comfortable spot for your baby to perch . The Hipster can be worn with just the seat or you can attach a cross-body strap that goes over one shoulder, or a more traditional carrier attachment that goes over both your shoulders.
I love how versatile the Hipster is, giving me so many options to chose from. My favorite way to use the Hipster though is with the traditional front carrier attachment that goes over both my shoulders. I love using it with my baby facing outwards because unlike my other carrier, her arms are free and she looks and seems so comfortable in it! The carrier is also made with high-quality fabric, has a sun shade as well as a convenient pocket.
You may remember we posted about MiaMily’s Kickstarter campaign last month — here’s the results:
- HIPSTER hit the Kickstarter shelves and took off with raging speed due to its popularity
- In less than 24 hours, selected as Kickstarter Design Staff Pick– and topped lists
- Reached 30-day target of $25,000 in 6 days
- As of August 4th, Kickstarter is at $40.739– 163% of target, with 330 backers
Follow MiaMily on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/LifeWithBabyMia
– To learn more about our One for One Charity campaign, go here: http://www.miamily.com/giving-back/
Thank you to MiaMily for providing me with a complimentary Hipster to test. No compensation was received.