We are chicken soup lovers in my house. However, I’ll admit I’m a big snobby about my soup. I love making my father’s recipe. Trouble is, that takes over 3 hours to make (and I don’t have time to whip that up that often).
So… the other night my kids wanted chicken soup. We headed to the supermarket to pick up ingredients. Could I really get a chicken soup on the table in 45 minutes?
Yes, but you have to be organized about it.
Quick Chicken Soup
Homemade chicken soup in under 45 minutes.
- 1 package chicken breast alternative use cut up chicken
- 2 large containers of chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 package of baby carrots
- 1 package celery
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 cubes of frozen garlic
- 1 package pre-cut white mushrooms
- 1 package egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme
- Salt to taste
- Take out a medium to large size stock pot
- Cut up package of chicken breast
- Cut up baby carrots in the food processor
- Cut up onion and celery in the food processor
- Add olive oil to bottom of the pot and turn on the flame to medium
- Put chicken, carrots, onion, celery - let simmer for 10 minutes and stir a few times.
- Add stock and water to pot.
- Simmer for 35 minutes.
- In a separate pot, boil water to cook egg noodles. Follow directions on the package and drain noodles.
- Add noodles to soup and serve. Store soup and noodles separately (or the noodles will soak up the liquid).
Best tips for this recipe — if you can buy pre-cut veggies, do (it will cut down time even more).
[…] Quick Chicken Soup From Scratch – The Mama Maven […]