Last year I made these fun Pepperoni Pizza Rolls. They quickly became a favorite with my picky eaters. Recently, I bought crescent roll dough to make this again, and my formerly very picky now 9 year old son asked me to put veggies in. I happily obliged and he loved what we made. I had intended on him making this with me, but he got wrapped up in something else.
- 1 package uncooked crescent rolls
- Marinara or pizza sauce
- Baby Spinach (raw)
- Red Pepper
- Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Open crescent roll package. Use 2 - 4 pieces at a time (there may only be around 8 in package, so you may want to have couple more on hand, depending how many kids are eating this).
- Spread on sauce
- Add veggies (my son requested spinach and red pepper). I used raw baby spinach because that's what I had, frozen should be fine if you defrost it).
- Add shredded cheese.
- You can roll it up in the dough, or add another two pieces of dough on top to kind of make a calzone.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes. These cook quickly!
And it was a big hit! Note: These were very big and I had to cut them up for him to eat.
You could also make these pizza roll ups with whole wheat pizza dough (either from the store or homemade) to make it MUCH healthier and family friendly.
This was NOT a sponsored post.