By Nancy Johnson Horn, Editor
Our friends at New York Family Magazine are hosting the third annual New York Baby Show will take place the weekend of May 18 and 19 at Pier 92 in New York City. This Show will help new parents and parents-to-be discover many of the best products for maternity, baby and toddler from national and local companies, as well as offer an inspiring menu of lectures, seminars and demonstrations from highly regarded and beloved figures in the world of parenting and pregnancy. The New York Baby Show is expected to be the single biggest consumer event for families in the northeast this year.
Honoring the spirit of a show that’s all about family, the New York Baby Show will be helpful and informational, as well as fun, accessible and welcoming to children. Parents and parents-to-be will be educated on strollers, car seats, nursery furnishings, safety products, early enrichment programs, infant and toddler toys, high chairs, baby bottles, lactation aides, intro to child CPR, family friendly websites and countless other new parent essentials.
Complementing the exhibitor’s space, the New York Baby Show will feature several hands-on, interactive experiences including:
· Rosie Pope, America’s most trusted guru for all things pregnancy and baby, is this year’s keynote speaker. Since babies don’t come with an owner’s manual, Rosie will be at the NYBS with some of the all-stars from her MomPrep team to help improve everyone’s Mommy IQ and answer all those burning questions moms, dads, friends and grandparents have. Rosie and her team will arm guests with the knowledge and confidence they need to prepare for delivery and bringing their babies home. Rosie will be speaking at noon on both Saturday and Sunday, followed by a book signing for her first book, Mommy IQ: The Complete Guide to Pregnancy.
In addition, Rosie will be helping to style expectant moms at an on-site Rosie Pope Maternity pop-up store, featuring pieces from her sophisticated maternity clothing and accessories line.
Since the stroller is one of the most important purchases every parent must make, the New York Baby Show is going to
make the decision a little easier with the newly expanded Original Stroller Test Drive Track. Built by a Broadway set designer, parents will have the opportunity to see, feel and most importantly test drive numerous stroller brands on the 200 ft track with real world conditions.
· On Sunday, Radio Disney will be entertaining babies and toddlers with music and games in the Play Area.
· Moms can take a moment to relax and enjoy a bit of time away from the show floor to feed, change and comfort their baby or toddler in the Mom’s Lounge, sponsored by Comfort & Harmony.
· Dads will certainly not be forgotten. The Dad’s Lounge will be a welcoming and relaxing space for new and expectant dads to participate in programming provided by the NYC Dads Group.
· The New York Baby Show is excited to announce the “Ultimate Nursery” giveaway from Bellini. One lucky winner will take home a gorgeous Stella Collection Nursery designed by Newport Cottages, launching at the show.
· Baby Buggy, founded by Jessica Seinfeld in 2001, is the Official Charity Partner of the New York Baby Show. Baby Buggy will be collecting donations from exhibitors after the show to give to families in need of clothing and gear.
· CleanBeeBaby will be on offering FREE basic stroller cleanings to 150 lucky attendees.
· Drugstore.com is the official gift bag sponsor of the 2013 New York Baby Show.
Tickets are $20 for a family ticket and $10 for a single ticket. To learn more about the New York Baby Show and to purchase tickets, visit: http://newyorkbabyshow.com/.
We’re giving away 10 Family Packs of tickets. Enter below.
I want to go to the show!