by Senior Reviewer Maytal Wichman
Ellen’s record-breaking Oscar selfie is not the only gathering of mega-celebrities in a small space. The world-famous wax museum, Madame Tussauds, has over 200 of the most interesting celebrities and famous people. My family & I recently got to see them all in the Times Square location. Here are pictures from our experience, plus tips at the end of the post.
Each figure costs approximately $220,000, takes about 3-4 months to complete and involves a team of 20 artists.
To create a wax figure of a current celebrity, the process often begins with a sitting where over 375 measurements and photographs are taken of the celebrity.
The Spirit of New York was one of our favorite rooms!
The Music Experience room was awesome!
My kids had a blast being in the spotlight!
It was cool to show my kids the Presidents they had recently learned about during Presidents’ Day in their school.
My husband and older son LOVED the sports room!
- During the summer and busy seasons the lines can be long so now is a good time to go! (We waited about 5 minutes in line).
- It takes about 1.5 hours to go through the entire exhibit, so plan accordingly and don’t forget to bring a camera!
- Be sure to see the 12 minute 4D movie. It’s about all the Marvel superheroes. The 4D experience has vibrating seats, mist, wind and other cool effects. It was an awesome experience and it’s included in the price of admission.
- You can bring a stroller, although some areas have some stairs.
- You can’t bring in food but you can buy food throughout the exhibit.
- The store at the end of the exhibit is not cheap, but it has some really unique items (you can buy your very own Oscar!)
- Save 20% off your ticket when you book online.
Senior Reviewer Maytal Wichman is the owner of Mama’s Bites and has also written for The Huffington Post. She has been living in New York City for thirteen years and holds a Bachelor’s Degree in English Literature as well as a Law Degree, but blogging is her true passion. Maytal is a stay-at-home mom to three kids (ages 7, 5 and 1) and loves finding great products that make her family’s life easier.