This post contains an affiliate links.
There’s a local deli that I just love — Redwood Deli in Forest Hills, Queens, NY. They’ve had this Super Kale Salad on the menu for over a year and I just love it. Their version has kale as a base, grilled chicken, red onion, feta cheese, dried cranberries, and sunflower seeds – tossed with balsamic vinaigrette. Zesty Grilled Chicken and Greens Salad: Perfect for Lunch or Dinner!
I decided to try to recreate a version of it at home. I had mixed greens, red onion, grilled chicken, goat cheese, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, balsamic vinaigrette. I didn’t have feta cheese, so I used crumbled goat cheese. I also added cucumbers — because I love them.
1/2 red onion
1 grilled chicken breast (either make in your air fryer or buy it)
Goat Cheese to taste
Dried cranberries to taste
1 medium sized cucumber
Balsamic Vinaigrette to taste – I like Tessemae’s Balsamic Dressing (sugar free, dairy free, and vegan) or Primal Kitchen Balsamic Dressing
Make your base salad.
Add your grilled chicken on top. If you don’t have any on hand, any chicken or turkey in your fridge will work.
Add goat cheese.
Add dried cranberries.
Add sunflower seeds.
Add balsamic vinaigrette.
Mix the salad together really well – you could even chop it.
Delicious. If you are watching your weight, use unsalted sunflower seeds, less cranberries, a reduced fat cheese, and a reduced fat dressing. It will still be wonderful!
Zesty Grilled Chicken and Greens Salad
- Mixed greens
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 grilled chicken breast (I bought this from the grocery store)
- Goat Cheese to taste
- Dried cranberries to taste
- 1 medium sized cucumber
- Balsamic vinaigrette to taste
- Make your base salad.
- Add your grilled chicken on top. If you don’t have any on hand, any chicken or turkey in your fridge will work.
- Add goat cheese.
- Add dried cranberries.
- Add sunflower seeds.
- Add balsamic vinaigrette.
- Mix the salad together really well – you could even chop it. Delicious.
- If you are watching your weight, use unsalted sunflower seeds, less cranberries, a reduced fat cheese, and a reduced fat dressing.
And if you’re in Forest Hills, NYC, stop into the Redwood Deli and ask for the Super Kale Salad. If you are an Instacart user, shop here: instacart.oloiyb.net/e4ZXaD