There’s a local deli that I just love — Redwood Deli in Forest Hills, Queens, NY. They’ve had this Super Kale Salad on the menu for over a year and I just love it. Their version has kale as a base, grilled chicken, red onion, feta cheese, dried cranberries, and sunflower seeds – tossed with balsamic vinaigrette. Zesty Grilled Chicken and Greens Salad: Perfect for Lunch or Dinner!
I decided to try to recreate a version of it at home. I had mixed greens, red onion, grilled chicken, goat cheese, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, balsamic vinaigrette. I didn’t have feta cheese, so I used crumbled goat cheese. I also added cucumbers — because I love them.
1/2 red onion
1 breast of grilled chicken
Goat Cheese to taste
Dried cranberries to taste
1 medium sized cucumber
Balsamic Vinaigrette to taste – I like Tessemae’s Balsamic Dressing (sugar free, dairy free, and vegan).
Make your base salad.
Add goat cheese.
Add sunflower seeds.
Add balsamic vinaigrette.
Mix the salad together really well – you could even chop it.
Delicious. If you are watching your weight, use unsalted sunflower seeds, less cranberries, a reduced fat cheese, and a reduced fat dressing. It will still be wonderful!
- Mixed greens
- ½ red onion
- 1 breast of grilled chicken
- Goat Cheese to taste
- Dried cranberries to taste
- 1 medium sized cucumber
- Balsamic vinaigrette to taste
- Make your base salad.
- Add your grilled chicken on top. If you don't have any on hand, any chicken or turkey in your fridge will work.
- Add goat cheese.
- Add dried cranberries.
- Add sunflower seeds.
- Add balsamic vinaigrette.
- Mix the salad together really well - you could even chop it. Delicious.
- If you are watching your weight, use unsalted sunflower seeds, less cranberries, a reduced fat cheese, and a reduced fat dressing.
And if you’re in Forest Hills, NYC, stop into the Redwood Deli and ask for the Super Kale Salad.
This post contains an affiliate link.