By Nancy Johnson Horn, Editor –
We are a family of shutterbugs, so there’s no surprise that my oldest child (who’s turning 8) loves to take photos. We were recently given the NEW version of VTech’s Kidizoom Camera ($39.99) to review and we’re in love.
We owned the previous version (which my daughter will now use) and I am pleased to see that this new version is smaller, thinner and can take an microSD card for more picture and video storage. At $39.99, it’s a reasonable price point (and can deflect your child from trying to take your iPhone or digital camera to take photos).
The microSD card also makes it easier to get the pictures and videos off easier by directly putting it in a card reader (no more hooking the camera up to my laptop).
Features of the VTeach Kidizoom Camera:
- You can take pics and record videos (because video takes a lot of storage, put a microSD card in)
- 1.3 megapixels
- 4x Digital Zoom
- Can edit your photos with wacky effects or play 3 fun photo and memory games.
- Comes with a camera wrist strap
- 1.8″ color screen with an easy-to-use viewfinder
- 128MB internal storage of approximately 800 photos and a card slot for extra microSD card memory (not included)
- PC & Mac Compatible (via USB Cable, which is included)
You can also connect to VTech’s Learning Lodge™ for extra downloadable content and games including KidiZoom® Photo Editor Software and the free Animation Maker download that allows kids to easily create their own photo animations (PC and Mac compatible).
And we’re giving one away!
Thank to to VTech for providing the camera for review, a small stipend, and a camera to giveaway.
a Rafflecopter giveaway