Who wouldn’t want to look like a haute mama? I was lucky enough to test out Secret Extensions about a month ago (read my post here) and loved how easy it was to change up my look, without commitment. But I’ll admit I could have used a professional hairstylist to give me some tips on how to make it look even better.
So that night, I had come from a long day at work and my hair was so blah. I was excited to see how I could make Secret Extensions work even better for me. At this event, I got some one on one time with stylists at the fab Paul Labrecque Salon & Spa on the Upper East Side.
We got to pick a style and were given Hot Buns and Hot Designs to take home. While I was being styled, I asked my stylist for some tips.
Tips for Rocking Your Secret Extensions Look
1. You may want to use at least two Secret Extensions, three if you really want to boost your locks. I looked good with two, but I looked better with three.
2. If you want to trim your Secret Extensions slightly, twist sections of it and use your scissor edge as a razor — this will create a layered look, to blend in with shorter hair. Your hairstylist should be able to do it, if you are more comfortable with that.
3. If you have highlighted hair (like I do) you can match a couple of tones in your hair. The Dark Golden Blonde Secret Extension and Dark Blonde Secret Extension worked well with my hair shade. In fact, I couldn’t believe how well it matched.
4. If your hair is layered, Secret Extensions will blend in very well. However, my hair is in more of a blunt cut. But, I can still make it work by using a curling iron to create spiral curls, rock a side ponytail, or use a clip with a half up and half down style. My Secret Extensions were trimmed in a layered style, which made it blend it with my real hair very well.
5. Have fun with it. I wear Secret Extensions out on Date Night or when I go out with my friends. I love that I can quickly change my look and get those long locks (without commitment).
Thank you to Secret Extensions for holding this fun event. I was not compensated for attending, but I did receive a gift bag.
You are always beautiful inside and OUT! The Secret Extensions added a little vava-voom to your look.
Oh wow, your hair is beautiful. The extensions look so real!
These secret extensions are so cool! You look amazing with and without them:) Nice touch for special occasions!