This is a sponsored post. There are also a few affiliate links. As always all opinions are my own.
Planning a road trip over the holidays? It can be really busy on the roads and stressful, so you will want to be ready for your road trip –and making sure you get cash back on gas, grocery stores, and restaurants can be a big savings help. We’ve got some great ideas for holiday travel planning that may help you get some peace of mind and some money! These tips will rock your holiday road trip!
The Best Road Trip Tips
- Know your route – while we love our Google Maps or Apple Maps app, make sure you know where you are going. Either go old school and consult a map or plan your route ahead of time and email yourself a copy. You can still turn on navigation in your vehicle, but this way you have a backup.
- Have a charged mobile phone – in case of a roadside emergency, you’ll be happy if you’re at least 80% charged. If possible, carry a charged portable battery charger just in case you need to charge and you can’t turn your car on to do it.
- Minimize distractions while driving – i.e. make sure kids are occupied with games, snacks, iPads, etc. You don’t want to be a referee while you need to concentrate on the road.
- Make sure your vehicle is road trip ready – make sure you have enough gas, you’ve had your oil changed recently, and take your car in for tune-ups when it’s time. Do everything you can to make sure you’re safe on the road.
- Save money using the upside app – upside is a free cash back app that benefits both consumers and businesses -users can earn up to 25¢/gallon cash back on gas and food. When you sign into the app, it will tell you the cash back deals at gas stations, groceries, and restaurants right near where you are, so you can save some $$. Use New “Check In” and skip the receipt to upload.
Just check In to redeem your offer at this station and any other locations that have a Blue Badge. No need to upload receipt. upside uses the last 4 digits of your cards from recent purchases to verify your purchase.
Tap the “Check In” button when user is at business and select which card they’re using – no receipt pic needed. upside users earn up to 25¢/gallon cash back on gas, up to 45% cash back at restaurants and up to 30% cash back at grocery stores.
Over 25 million consumers are earning cash back every day with upside and over 25,000 merchants are using upside to drive more business to their locations and increase profits.
Plus there’s a referral program – users can earn a 15¢/gal bonus when they refer friends and give friends and family a 15¢/gal bonus. Referrers also earn 1¢/gal every time their referee gets gas using
Top Image by Jan Alexander from Pixabay