We love tortellini in my house, but it does get a little tiresome serving it with sauce or buttery spread. Recently I pulled out a bag to make for dinner and sighed — there had to be a better way to serve it. I pulled out three 32 ounce packages of chicken broth and 2 packages of frozen tortellini (with cheese inside). I pulled out a variety of fresh and frozen veggies. I added everything in the pot and cooked my soup for 25- 30 minutes.
Recipe: Quick Tortellini Soup
1. 3 containers (32 oz.) Chicken Broth
2. Any veggies you want: I added cut up celery, fresh peapods, fresh yellow squash, frozen corn, frozen broccoli, fresh red peppers, and fresh mushrooms).
3. Black Beans (from a can)
4. 2 packages frozen tortellini. I used cheese tortellini, because that’s what I had on hand, but any filling will do.
After 25 minutes, I had a good soup that my family enjoyed!!
Recipe: Quick Chicken Tortellini Soup
- 3 containers 32 oz. Chicken Broth
- Any veggies you want: I added cut up celery fresh peapods, fresh yellow squash, frozen corn, frozen broccoli, fresh red peppers, and fresh mushrooms).
- Black Beans for a hit of protein. Open a can and rinse in a colander.
- 2 packages frozen tortellini. I used cheese tortellini because that's what I had on hand, but any filling will do.
- Add all ingredients and let it simmer for 25 minutes.
Was it #PickyEater Approved?
My 7.5 year old liked it. He thought there was no meat in it (I guess he ignored the chicken broth part).
My little picky eater liked it too. I served his portion without broth and cut up the tortellini.
This is an original recipe created by me, Nancy Johnson Horn. If you would like to repost it, please give credit to me. This post was not sponsored in any way.