Updated! You may be mighty sick of matzoh by now and looking for something make for dinner (that’s still keeping Passover). I’m sure you’ve heard of Matzoh Pizza (or “Meetza”, as we call it), but how about Matzoh Tacos (we call them “Macos”). Passover Recipe: Matzoh Tacos for Passover (AKA Macos)
If you are Ashkenazi, you may not want to add the beans (but if you follow Sephardic traditions, it’s okay).
Check out my video on how to make Matzah Tacos here:
Recipe: Matzoh Tacos AKA "Macos"
- 1 can refried Pinto Beans we like Old El Paso's Refried Pinto Beans - you can also take a can of black beans, heat up slightly and puree when it cools.
- 1 box matzoh usually adults will eat two pieces of matzoh, kids may eat 1/2 a piece
- Sour Cream we use low fat
- Mashed Avocado or guacamole
- Salsa any strength you want, kids may prefer a mild version
- Shredded regular or reduced fat cheddar cheese or a Mexican style blend
- Extra Add-ons:
- Shredded lettuce
- Mushrooms sauteed
- For my super picky kids, we kept it pretty simple - beans, cheese, matzoh.
- My husband and I like toppings, so we piled on the tomatoes, guac, salsa and sour cream. And it was delicious!
More Passover recipes: