When I work out of the house, I like to make sure I take a lunch packed with protein. Salads are perfect for this. I created this fun salad using chicken, ham, feta cheese, and sunflower seeds.
I like to set up all my ingredients first. It also helps me to portion control.
I added 2 small heads of sweet romaine lettuce to my container. and then added my ingredients.
I don’t add dressing when I pack a salad to work — who wants a soggy salad? Take a smaller container, add your favorite dressing and then lace your salad with it. I like to put my salad in containers with snug covers, so I can add dressing and really “shake it up”!
The Ultimate Protein Packed Salad
- 4 slices chicken chopped
- 4 slices ham chopped
- Lettuce I used two small heads of leafy lettuce
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds unsalted
- 1 pear cut up
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Low fat balsamic vinaigrette
- Add all ingredients together, except the vinaigrette. That should be packed separately and added right before you toss the salad.