Sometimes days are hectic. The kids are loud and you need a break. Preferably with your spouse. So, what can you do? Why not whip up a little sweet treat that’s perfect for sharing with your sweetie? That’s where Duncan Hines® Perfect Size Golden Fudge Cake comes in.
These are the “Perfect Size” cake to fit any occasion and hectic schedules. These delicious cakes, with a serving size of two to four, are perfect for a few people when a full-size cake is too much.
Duncan Hines sent me some of their Perfect Size Cake Mixes to try out. I admit, baking is not my strong suit. I’m a great cook, but baking… let’s just say that I can sometimes screw it up.
However, Duncan Hines Perfect Size Cake Mix was easy to make. It’s comes with it’s own disposable 6 inch pan (no cleanup and you don’t have to grease the pan!), the cake mix, and dry frosting packet.
You only need to add 1 egg, some water, and butter. Want to see our crazy day and how easy these “Perfect Size” cakes are to make?
It was really simple to make and I love that I had a small amount of cake. I don’t like to keep a lot of sweets in my house so this was … absolutely perfect.
- For Cake:
- 1 Egg
- ¼ Cup Water
- 2 Tablespoons Butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon water
- Cake Instructions:
- PREHEAT oven to 300°F
- EMPTY contents of cake mix pouch into large bowl. BLEND cake mix, egg, water and softened butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer at low speed for 30 seconds. Scrape contents of bowl. BEAT at medium-high speed for 3 minutes. POUR batter into the UNGREASED pan and spread batter evenly.
- BAKE on rack in center of oven at 300°F for 34-39 minutes. Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out free of crumbs. REMOVE cake carefully from the over with both hands using pot holders. COOL cake in pan for 15 minutes before removing.
- REMOVE cake by turning the pan over and gently pushing on the bottom center of the pan to release the cake. CAREFULLY peel off the cake pan disk and place the cake right side up on a wire rack. Cool completely before frosting.
- Frosting Instructions:
- PLACE softened butter into large bowl with high sides. MIX softened butter with electric mixer on high for 1 minute or until light and fluffy. Scrape.
- ADD frosting mix and exactly one teaspoon of water.
- STIR with a rubber spatula or spoon, pressing against the side of the bowl, until powder is incorporated into butter and mixture becomes dark brown and well blended. Scrape sides. MIX with an electric mixer on high for 2 minutes or until smooth and creamy. For a creamier consistency, add up to an additional ½ teaspoon of water.
- FROST cake with spatula.
- *Don't cooking in a microwave or toaster oven.
Follow Duncan Hines: