By Contributor Joyce E.
It’s been years since I’ve had a baby and was looking for that perfect baby item to help me with my newborn. The DockATot is just what I was looking for. I needed something versatile to put my infant son in while he was either resting, playing or lounging in. I was sent the DockATot Deluxe and it fits a newborn to about an 8-month-old (there is a snap where you can open for the legs for the bigger baby). There are other models for different stages of the child. DockATot has been designed to offer a snug and soothing environment for babies. Babies can rest, play and lounge. DockATot Deluxe: Let Baby Rest, Play and Lounge Right Next to You
My son is so content laying in the DockATot, he enjoys being nice and cozy with a plush cocoon-like design as if his mommy or daddy were holding him. You can even use it as a changing table, just add a little cover for protection. My son even worked on tummy time.
It travels easily with two handles, to keep at home or take it on the go. The DockATot is 100% cotton and machine washable – the cover is very easy to remove for easy cleaning maintenance.
- Always place your baby on his/her back while in the DockATot®, except during supervised tummy time. Pediatricians recommend babies be placed on their backs to nap and sleep to reduce the risk of SIDS.
- Never use the DockATot Deluxe and Grand Docks in a crib, bassinet, or play-yard setting.
- Keep baby’s sleep area in the same area where parents sleep to reduce baby’s risk.
- Give your baby plenty of supervised tummy time when they are awake for healthy development. DockATot® makes supervised tummy time fun and comfy for baby.
- The DockATot® must always be used in a child-safe and “supervised environment.” A supervised environment is one in which a semi-alert, non-inebriated adult is co-sleeping next to baby. Adult does not need to be awake next to baby.
- Child’s head should always be positioned at the head end of the DockATot®.
- Keep the baby’s sleep area free of loose items, such as toys, crib bumpers, pillows, and blankets. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends the use of wearable blankets.
- Always ensure that the DockATot is placed fully supported on its back on a flat, firm, and stable surface.
- The DockATot Deluxe should not be used for unsupervised sleep.
- The DockATot Grand makes for a comfortable and snug sleep area for children ages 9-36 months. Please make sure to unbuckle the clip located on the foot end of the Dock to ensure a safe sleep environment.
- When using the DockATot Grand in a child’s bed, ensure that the Dock is of a manageable height from which the child is able to safely descend.
- The DockATot Grand must not be used for infants.
NOTE: Failure to follow these warnings could result in death or serious injury.
With any baby product, make sure you follow the safe sleeping tips extended by the US Consumer Product Safety Commission, which include always placing a baby on its back to sleep, because absolutely nothing is more important than the safety of a child. Please visit http://www.cpsc.gov/ for more information
Also, DockATot is not designed to prevent a baby from rolling over. Rolling over is a natural development, which should be encouraged during waking and supervised time. Up until approx. 8 months, one must always place a child to sleep on his/her back. As to bedding, it is advisable to use wearable blankets, such as sleeping bags.
For any questions about this product, please go to https://dockatot.com/.
BUY on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2C5uRlM This is an affiliate link and we get a very small percentage of your sale, at no cost to you.
Ready to win one for yourself? Enter below!