Last Saturday, my daughter Allegra and I attended a fun cooking class with Chobani Champions – the first greek yogurt for kids. We love this yogurt (and yes, I’ve been buying it since we saw it come on the market). They just added two new flavors, Orange Vanilla and Vanilla Chocolate Chunk. While we liked the Orange Vanilla, the Vanilla Chocolate Chunk is to die for!! (Read More after the jump).
I’m always interested in getting protein into my kids, so kid-friendly greek yogurt is a no brainer. Hosted at Tastebuds NYC, my little gal got to really cook! She cut fruit, broke eggs, stirred and added ingredients.
First, the children were taught how to make Orange Vanilla Yogurt Loaf.
Recipe courtesy of Tastebuds and Chobani.
1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
Pinch baking powder
Pinch kosher salt
1/4 cup Orange Vanilla Chobani Yogurt
1/4 cup sugar
Pinch grated lemon zest
Drop of vanilla
2 tablepoon vegetable oil
1 tablepoon freshly squeezed orange
3 tablepoons powdered sugar
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt into 1 bowl
- In another bowl, whisk together yogurt, sugar, egg, zest and vanilla.
- Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- With a rubber spatula, fold the vegetable oil into the batter, making sure it’s all incorporated.
- Pour the batter into prepared greased pans and bake 15-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- While that’s baking, heat the orange juice and powdered sugar in pan until mixture dissolves.
- While cake is still warm, pour orange sugar mixture over and allow to soak in. Let cool and serve.
[nggallery id=4] Click on the pictures to advance the slide show.
Next, the children made granola, fruit, and yogurt parfaits. The children were so engaged and learned to cut bananas and strawberries using plastic knives. My daughter loved putting her fruit, granola, and yogurt in her cup. She liked it so much that we make this almost every morning now!
Thank you to Chobani and Champions for inviting us to cook with them. We received samples and coupon vouchers. As always, my opinion is my own.