This post is sponsored by O-Cedar. As always, all opinions are my own.
We’re really trying to promote more independence for our kids with having them make their own breakfasts and simple meals. However, with kids taking charge in the kitchen, there’s a downside – more messes. Like spilled milk on the floor for breakfast, etc.. I’m really excited to partner with O-Cedar to show you how you can give your tweens that independence by teaching them to clean up after themselves pretty easily with their new ProMist Microfiber Spray Mop. Frankly, it’s genius and I got it at Walmart for $21.78! Plus, it helps me clean up the messes I make in the kitchen and rest of the house quickly and easily. Read on to find out how it helps us and for a picky-eater, totally creamy kid-approved Avocado Green Smoothie Recipe.
My oldest child turns 12 at the end of September and we realized that we really need to treat him like a bigger kid. He totally rose to the occasion and will make his own breakfasts (like toast and cereal) and simple lunches and dinners like sandwiches. He’s not using the stove yet, just the toaster oven. However, he loves smoothies and would have one every day if I would make it for him. However, he will ask at the wrong time, like when I’m trying to finish up work or doing something else. I don’t feel like cleaning my blender all the time. The solution? Have him start making his own and doing his own cleanup. Armed with my new O-Cedar ProMist Microfiber Spray Mop, that I picked up at the Walmart near my mother’s house recently, I decided to teach him how to make a green smoothie and teach him how to make sure my tile floor was clean afterward. Avocado Green Smoothie Recipe + Teach Your Tween To Clean Up After Themselves
Creamy Avocado Green Smoothie Recipe
Check out our video on how to make it:
1 cup frozen fruit (organic if possible) – I used pineapple, banana, and strawberries. You can use any kind.
1 cup organic milk
1 small avocado
1 cup baby spinach or kale (fresh or frozen)
1 scoop chocolate or vanilla protein powder
Cut and scoop out the avocado. I cut it for my son and let him scoop it out.
Add spinach to the blender
Add avocado and frozen fruit to the blender
Add protein powder and milk
Blend together and serve.
Smoothie will be very creamy. Add more milk or the liquid of your choice if it’s too thick.
Then I talked him through how to open the bottle that goes into the mop, pull it out, and how to fill it up with the cleaning solution.
He closed the bottle and put turned it upside down into the O-Cedar ProMist Microfiber Spray Mop.
- Refillable bottle allows you to choose your own cleaning solution
- Uses millions of microscopic fibers to grab and hold dirt, dust, hair and moisture
- Features a one-touch bottle release for easy removal
- Works great for any indoor floor surface
- Can be used with washable of disposable microfiber pad refills
Get your O-Cedar ProMist Microfiber Spray Mop at Walmart.
Connect with O-Cedar on Facebook
- 1 cup frozen fruit (organic if possible) - I used pineapple, banana, and strawberries. You can use any kind.
- 1 cup organic milk
- 1 small avocado
- 1 cup baby spinach or kale (fresh or frozen)
- 1 scoop chocolate or vanilla protein powder
- Cut and scoop out the avocado. I cut it for my kid and let him scoop it out.
- Add spinach to the blender
- Add avocado to the blender
- Add frozen fruit to blender
- Add protein powder
- Add milk
- Blend together and serve.
- Smoothie will be very creamy. Add more milk or the liquid of your choice if it's too thick.