When I was in Israel in 2017, we went out for dinner in Tel Aviv one night. I was Dr. Deborah Gilboa (https://askdoctorg.com/) and one of her kids and we had the most delicious roasted cauliflower with tahini. It was roasted in a clay oven and probably one of the best things I’ve ever eaten in my life. I’ve been dreaming of it for a while so I decided to recreate it using my trusty air fryer, some olive oil and tahini sauce. While it’s not a clay oven, what I came up with was simple and delicious. Enjoy this Air Fryer Roasted Cauliflower with Tahini recipe. It’s low carb, also!
You’re going to need a good extra virgin olive oil, a good tahini sauce, and a head of cauliflower. I also used my beloved Za’atar seasoning.
According to WebMD, “One serving of cauliflower has:
- 100% of the daily recommended amount of vitamin C
- About a quarter of your daily vitamin K
- 2% of your daily calcium and iron
- 6% of your daily potassium
- More than 3 % of your daily magnesium
A serving is 1 cup, or about 100 grams, of chopped cauliflower. One serving of raw or cooked cauliflower has:
- 25 calories
- 0 grams of fat
- 5 grams of carbohydrates
- 2 grams of dietary fiber
- 2 grams of sugar
- 2 grams of protein
- 30 milligrams of sodium”
Extra Virgin Olive Oil to taste or if you are watching your oil intake, use an Oil spray — I like Pompeian’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
Tahini to taste- I like Mighty’s
Za’atar Seasoning to taste- I got mine from Trader Joe’s, Penzy’s also makes Za’atar or use any spice mix like this one.
Cut up your cauliflower (wash it well first).
Place into a metal mixing bowl and add Extra Virgin Olive Oil and coat your cauliflower thoroughly.
Then sprinkle za’atar seasoning on. Spread out on your air fryer basket or tray and roast at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for around 23 minutes.
Once your cauliflower is roasted, check the doneness – it should melt in your mouth.
Some kids or people may not like tahini, so I serve the tahini on the side and then drizzle it on for the people who want it (like my daughter and I).
Air Fryer Roasted Cauliflower with Tahini (Low Carb)
- Air Fryer
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil to taste or if you are watching your oil intake, use an Oil spray — I like Pompeian's Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
- head of cauliflower
- Tahini – I like Mighty's
- Za'atar Seasoning – I got mine from Trader Joe's, Penzy's also makes Za'atar or use any spice mix like this one.
- Cut up your cauliflower (wash it well first).
- Place into a metal mixing bowl and add Extra Virgin Olive Oil and coat your cauliflower thoroughly.
- Then sprinkle za'atar seasoning on. Spread out on your air fryer basket or tray and roast at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for around 23 minutes.
- Once your cauliflower is roasted, check the doneness – it should melt in your mouth. Drizzle with tahini and serve.
Things you may need:
Buy the Emeril Lagasse Power AirFryer 360 here: https://amzn.to/3inDlft
It can be used to air fry, toast, broil, slow cook and more. It’s super easy to clean, which is a huge plus in my book.
A good set of metal mixing bowls is a must!
I love these.
Za’atar is widely available, but I usually get mine at Trader Joe’s. Here’s one that I like from Amazon.
Entrees to Serve with This:
Leave a Reply