by Senior Reviewer Maytal Wichman
When it comes to grocery shopping there are a few things one must not do, such as shopping on an empty stomach, going with young kids who will ask to buy them everything they see and going when the store is crazy busy. I am guilty of them all. To make my grocery shopping more efficient (re: less expensive) I gave Peapod a couple of tries. Peapod is an online grocery shopping delivery service with some cool perks and it’s now available in NYC!
Placing an order is very easy. You can type what you want in the search box and it will come right up. Just click on the quantity and it goes directly to your shopping cart, no need for extra clicks. If you’re not sure what you want just browse through the isles. When you’re done selecting the items pick a two-hour window for when you would like the groceries delivered. You can pick from next-day delivery up to two weeks in advance.
Here are 5 reasons I think Peapod should be the new way you shop, especially if you want to save money or you’re short on time and can’t spend an hour browsing the isles of your store to look for new items.
1. Save money: prices are similar to those in my local store (Stop & Shop). I didn’t find a difference in the price of the online items and since I didn’t spend time browsing aimlessly online, I just bought what I need for hte week and spent less.
2. The quality of the food is excellent. Fresh, beautiful produce is very important to me and I am happy to report that in both instances I received fruits and veggies that were ripe and looked exactly as as I had selected them myself.
3. You can use coupons – just give them to the driver. Even better: Peapod will double manufacturer coupons (up to 99 cents). Look for “printable coupons” under the ‘Specials’ tab.
4. Peapod is perfect for those who plan a weekly menu – just buy the items you need for that specific week, no need to spend extra on anything else!
5. You get an email alert when your delivery is coming up.
I was not compensated for this post. I received a gift card.
Senior Reviewer Maytal Wichman is the owner of Mama’s Bites and has also written for The Huffington Post. She has been living in New York City for fourteen years and holds a Bachelor’s Degree in English Literature as well as a Law Degree, but blogging is her true passion. Maytal is a stay-at-home mom to three kids (ages 8, 6 and 2) and loves finding great products that make her family’s life easier.