Looking for a fun date night (or even want to take a kid or two with you?) We recently checked out Wayra: Fuerza Bruta and were absolutely blown away. We took our two older children, ages almost 9 and 6 1/2.
The show is about 80 minutes long. We went to the 7 pm show on a Saturday night. There’s a house band, but that’s not really where the show is. The show kind of goes on … all around and above you. And it’s amazing.
It was a series of scenes that were just fascinating. There’s a guy who runs on a treadmill type platform and literally breaks through walls.
There is a curtain that goes around us and women who literally fly from the ceiling and go around the curtain. There’s a twirling structure that two people dangle from and try to get to the other side.
Cast members fly up into the ceiling!
But our favorite party was the swimming above us.. yes swimming.
At one point, the ceiling lowers so much that you can touch the swimmers.
At the end of the show, there’s dancing..
and then the water rains down.
My kids were in the middle of the dancing and got soaked — but it was summer and they had a blast. Note: We really should have had a set of dry clothes in the coat check.
My kids felt like rockstars because they got to dance with several of the cast members. We highly recommend Wayra: Fuerza Bruta. Our kids loved it too!
Check out the official video
Tips for Enjoying Wayra: Fuerza Bruta
1. The show is about 80 minutes long. Make sure you go to the bathroom before the show — you aren’t going to want to miss the action.
2. There’s a coat check there for a reason. You can’t really carry anything other than a cross body purse around.
3. Wear comfy clothes and shoes.. that you don’t mind getting wet.
4. Make sure you can stand for the whole show (around 80 minutes) and move around. If you are with a group of people, it’s inevitable that you will lost most of them during the show. While the lights are dim, you will be able to find them.
5. Have fun!There’s a great beat and you will have a terrific time!
Tue-Fri at 8PM, Sat at 7PM & 10PM, Sun at 7PM
Performance schedule subject to change
$75.00 – $89.00 (Ticket prices include a $1.00 Facility Fee.)
Thank you to Wayra: Fuerza Bruta for supplying tickets in exchange for a review. As always, all opinions are our own.