This post contains affiliate links
As I come off my recent surgery and start to get active again, I’m very excited that I have my new Fitbit Charge 3 on my wrist, gifted from Fitbit, to help me stay on course this holiday season. I’ve been a Fitbit fan since 2012 and was excited to check out the Charge 3. I’ll tell you what I liked in a little bit, but first, I want to know, are you planning to stay healthy and connected this winter? Here are some terrific tips, courtesy of Fitbit. Tips to Stay Healthy and Connected This Winter (Fitbit Charge 3 Unboxing)
Find the balance.
Set an attainable goal that you can achieve even while traveling. You can still get your steps in while walking through the airport while waiting for your flight, getting up early and walking to a coffee shop near your hotel, etc.
Take a breather.
Travel delays or crazy mall crowds got you feeling stressed? Take a quick moment of mindfulness by trying out a guided breathing session on your Fitbit.
Download apps like Lyft or United Airlines to make your travel day seamless and make it easy to stay on schedule without needing to juggle both your phone and luggage.
Stay in the know.
Get call, text, calendar and app notifications so you can stay connected no matter where you are.
Show off your style.
Ugly sweater party? Swanky Soiree? Hop from one-holiday activity to the next by swapping out the bands on your Fitbit device to best express your style.
The Fitbit Charge 3 has a lot of terrific features:
- Smart, Sharp Touchscreen
- Up to 7 Day Battery Life (HUGE improvement over the other versions that I’ve had)
- 24/7 Heart Rate (this encourages me to keep it up when I’m walking outside and will be good when I am back at the gym).
- All-Day Calorie Burn
- 15+ Goal-Based Exercise Modes
- Sleep Tracking & Stages – See your time spent in light, deep and REM sleep stages and get personalized insights to help you improve
- Guided Breathing Sessions
- Female Health Tracking – Using the Charge 3 with the Fitbit app to track periods, record symptoms, see a predicted ovulation calendar and more
- Swimproof -water resistant to 50 meters, automatically tracks your swims and can be worn in the pool or shower.
- Cardio Fitness Level
- Wireless Sync – can automatically sync to 200+ Android, iOS & Windows devices to show your stats, trends and progress on your Fitbit dashboard.
- Fitbit Pay – Load your favorite cards to your Wallet in the Fitbit app, then use Charge 3 to make easy, secure payments on the go. Only available on special editions. See participating banks.
- Apps – with key everyday apps, a quick swipe shows upcoming calendar appointments and lets you check the weather for your morning commute or an outdoor run. Calendar app coming soon.
- Reminders to Move – know how long you’ve been active or inactive throughout the day and get personalized reminders to fit in a few extra steps if you’ve been sitting a bit too long (this is one of my favorite features)
- Real-Time Pace & Distance – Connect Fitbit Charge 3 with your phone’s GPS to see pace and distance on screen during outdoor runs and rides, and use your stats to get better each time.
- Smartphone Notifications -stay connected with call and calendar alerts, text notifications and quick replies, plus notifications from smartphone apps. Available when your phone is nearby, quick replies coming soon to Android only.
- Automatic Exercise Recognition – Fitbit Charge 3 automatically recognizes exercises like runs, swims, elliptical, sports and more and records them for you in the Fitbit app.
- Heart Rate Zones- use real-time heart rate zones to see whether you’re in the Fat Burn, Cardio or Peak zone and use what you learn to know the impact of your workouts.
Check out my unboxing and set up video.
Fitbit Charge 3 Impressions:
They’ve improved the Charge a lot. It won’t budge off my wrist now (which is a problem I’ve had in the past) and I love how well it tracks everything. It’s noticably lighter and I love that the battery life is 7 days. Makes it a breeze to take on the road!
Get your Fitbit Charge 3 here: https://amzn.to/2QS8QlN
My Fitbit Ace Review: https://www.themamamaven.com/fibit-ace-the-new-fitbit-activity-tracker-for-kids-8/
This post contains affiliate links.