By Valerie Umans – Contributor
On Sunday, April 6th I attended the Brooklyn Baby & Family Expo with my husband and 4 month old baby girl. Wow – so many babies and strollers and carriers all in one place! It was a bit chaotic and loud, but my baby slept through the entire thing (amazing how babies can do that).
Exhibitors ranged from a fancy children’s movie service (Portraits That Move) to meal delivery (Junior’s Fresh) to children’s classes (Child’Space). There was something there for every type of baby and every type of parent.
As a new mom, the following were some products that really stood out to me:
– Nurse Purse: My little girl drinks only breast milk so I find myself pumping quite a bit these days. With upcoming travel planned, something like the Nurse Purse would be great because it is stylish as well as functional. It holds not just the pump, but has room for other things as well. It would also be great for working mothers who have to pump in the office.
– Bitta Kidda: Getting babies to sleep through the night is a challenge, I think we can all agree on that! Bitta Kidda makes these wonderful pajamas that have a piece of fabric hanging off that your baby can grab onto in the middle of the night to sooth him/herself back to sleep (dont’ worry, it’s safe!).
– Keekaroo: With several different products, I found myself drawn to Keekaroo’s changing pad. It is made from a non-absorbent material for easy cleaning when those accidents happen! They also make a booster seat from the same material.
– Britax was there showcasing their car seats and strollers, including a new one called the Affinity (the purple stroller shown below) which comes in a few different colors and includes features such as forward and rear facing seating and a bassinet attachment.
– Joovy also had a large presence at the show with their products ranging from strollers to bottles and highchairs. More specifically, their Boob Baby Bottle was on high display. The bottle has nipples that come in 5 different flow rates and is made with parts and technology that allow for easy cleaning.
Thank you to A Child Grows in Brooklyn for access to the Expo. No compensation was received.
Contributing Writer Valerie Umans also writes the blog ValsBakedGoods.com where she posts recipes, DIY projects and other things! A native San Diegan, she now lives in Brooklyn, NY with her husband and baby girl.
Leave a Reply