Recently, Esti from Primetime Parenting and I went out to the Travel & Lifestyle Event at the Hilton Short Hills, hosted by Techlicious and Traveling Mom. Hosted by Kim Orlando, we met sponsors Henri Bendel, Ann Taylor, the Walking Company, got our makeup done, saw a demo by the head chef, got some fun swag, and enjoyed some delicious food and company. The Best Summer Travel Tips
First off, the Hilton Short Hills, in Short Hills, New Jersey was gorgeous.
My brother lives in Maplewood, so I’ve been out in that direction – but this was my first time at the Hilton Short Hills and I was seriously impressed.
It’s a great location for a wedding or a bar mitzvah or a staycation with the family. We spoke to the catering manager and she told us that the hotel prefers to only have one event at a time so they can really concentrate on getting all the details right.
Check out my slide show of the day:
#TLENJ Event at @hiltonshorthills with @techliciousmedia and @travelingmom. See my day in reverse -swipe to see more pics and video. Great to hear Kim Orlando speak about travel trends. Her metallic lips 🙌🙌 Crystal of @henribendel was terrific. The food and property was amazing! @anntaylor and @thewalkingco showed us great fashion and comfort for travel. …………………………… #family #familia #purse #familytravel #luxe #stunning #hilton #swimming #vacation #vacationmode #vacationtime #summer #getreadyforsummer #instagram #igers #photography #picoftheday #pictureoftheday #yes #youneedthis
The fabulous Kim Orlando of Traveling Mom gave us some seriously smart information.
2017 Summer Travel Trends
- The hottest destination is Lagos, Portugal
- Brewery/Distillery Hopping
- Responsible Travel
- Big Spends for holiday weekends
- Fewer International Travelers in US
- Food Tourism
- Large Groups
*sources are Luxury Retreats, Forbes, Lodging Magazine, Vacatia
2017 Hotspots According to Google Search
- Mexico City
Good Travel Apps & Sites
- Hilton Honors
- Luggage Free
- Get My Boat
- Soothe (massage on demand, how cool)
- Online Travel Shopping Trends-In any given month, over 100 million of YouTube’s unique visitors are travelers. -3 out of 5 travels who watch video use it to narrow down their brand, destination, or activity choices-Video watch time on mobile devices has grown by over 65% year over year*Think Google Stats
Some traveling mom writers offered their best hacks.
Use Chase Sapphire Reserve over AMEX Platinum
— Dia Adams, Travel Hack TMOM
Call chain hotels about rewards challenges or matches to quickly reach top tier status.
— Richard Kerr, TravelingDad @ThePointsJock
While we were listening to Kim, we enjoyed some delicious bites.
We met some great sponsors. I loved the classy looks at Ann Taylor.
I have bad feet, so I was excited to chat with The Walking Company. They offer everything from pretty sandals to cute sneakers that are so much better for your feet.
Traveling Mom is hosting a twitter chat on Monday, July 17, 9-10 ET – join in!
WHEN: July 17, 2017, 9-10 p.m. ET (8-9 p.m. CT; 7-8 p.m. MT; 6-7 p.m. PT)
HOW TO JOIN: Follow the #TMOM & #TLENJ hashtags
SPREAD THE WORD: Tweet Luxe travel. Think posh, luxurious. What cld be better? Learn abt luxury travel & shopping w/ style at #TMOM 7/17 9pmET #TLENJ
ENTER TO WIN
PRIZE: One $150 gift card to The Walking Company.
HOW TO ENTER: To be eligible, you must:
- RSVP by leaving your Twitter handle in the Gleam on Traveling Mom – NOT in the comments. (If you aren’t on Twitter, it’s easy—and free—to sign up. Go to www.twitter.com to see how – or just leave your name in the widget)
- Have at least three unique Tweets (other than a RT) on the Twitter party from 9-10 pm ET on July 17.
Read Esti’s recap here: http://www.primetimeparenting.com/short-hills-hilton/
Thank to Techlicious and Traveling Mom for hosting us for the day. I was reimbursed for travel expenses.