This is a sponsored post. As always, all opinions are my own.
With the kids back in school, you know that you’re going to get that letter. The one that says that a child in your child’s class has lice and to check your child. And when you get that letter, after you panic a little, you get down to business and you carefully check your child for lice. ANYONE can get lice and each year 6 to 12 million people in the US have a lice infestation. Children aged 3 to 11 are most commonly afflicted with lice because they have more head-to-head contact than older children. Lice spread by running from one head to the other. But luckily, they can’t survive more than 24 hours without their food supply. That’s why physically removing them from the head is so important. There is NO pesticide or natural solution that can harm or kill nits, which are lice eggs. That means the ONLY way to ensure that nits won’t hatch and continue to spread is to physically remove them. The way you treat it can be super easy – thanks to Dollar General’s Lice & Nit Removal Kit with WelComb®. It’s pesticide free, effective on pesticide resistant Super Lice, works on all hair types and is super easy to use. With WelComb®, there’s no fear, no drama, and no pesticides when it comes to lice removal. It’s all about naturally removing lice and nits from the head – without putting harmful chemicals on your child! I’m going to show you how to use it and why this is something that needs to be in your arsenal. The Best Method To Get Rid of Lice
I remember getting lice when I was in second grade and my mother using a really toxic smelling shampoo and that metal comb that hurt. The Dollar General Lice & Nit Removal Kit with WelComb® is very different from traditional kits. To get rid of lice, you need the right comb. Most of the combs on the market slip past the very small (.3mm-wide nits (the eggs). But the WelComb® has rigid teeth just the right distance apart and a beveled edge that gets right down to the scalp. It’s different and it’s better than those metal combs that have gaps!
The best way to remove lice is to wet comb the hair, so you interrupt the lifecycle of lice. Simply removing live lice is enough to kill them, and removing nits prevents them from hatching and continuing the infestation.
To use the wet combing method for lice and nit removal all you need is:
- Water because lice freeze in place when wet, making it easier to capture and remove them.
- Conditioner to lubricate the hair and make it much easier to comb through.
- A WelComb® to physically comb out lice and nits.
While wet combing is low cost, all natural, safe and effective, it does take time and patience. But if it means ridding your child of a lice infestation, it’s worth it! The Best Method To Get Rid of Lice
- One WelComb® – With rigid teeth just the right distance apart and a beveled edge, the WelComb® is able to get right down to the scalp to capture and remove lice AND nits of any size.
- One Conditioner – Free of harsh chemicals and ineffective oils, the conditioner aids in the removal of lice and nits and lubricates the hair for easier combing.
- One Detangler Comb – Combing with a wide-toothed comb helps evenly distribute the conditioner throughout the hair and remove any excess conditioner prior to removing the lice and nits.
How to Use the Lice & Nit Removal Kit with WelComb®:
- Wash your child’s hair with their everyday shampoo. Lightly towel dry.
- Apply Lice and Nit Removal Conditioner to the hair, massaging into the hair from the roots to the ends until hair is well coated. Use the black wide tooth comb to distribute the conditioner and remove all tangles.
- Then, gently comb through the hair with the WelComb® Lice and Nit Removal Comb.
Start at the scalp each time and comb through the entire length of the hair strands.
Take this slow and use a small section of hair or you could leave nits and lice in the hair.
- As you do this, use a paper towel to wipe lice and nits from the comb. Collect them in a garbage bag. You can dispose of the comb or re-use it (soak it in 130 degree water for 5-10 minutes).
- Keep repeating the process every other day and continue combing hair until no live lice are discovered for 2 weeks after first discovering it.
Learn more about the WelComb® and the wet combing method at www.welcomb.com. On the site, you’ll find detailed lice removal instructions, including a video in English AND Spanish to show you how the wet combing method works. The Best Method To Get Rid of Lice
Make sure to visit your local Dollar General to purchase a Dollar General Lice & Nit Removal Kit with WelComb®!