“In January it’s so nice
While slippin’ on the slidin’ ice
To sip hot chicken soup with rice
Sippin’ once, sippin’ twice
Sippin’ chicken soup with rice”
– Chicken Soup With Rice (Lyrics by Maurice Sendak, music by Carole King)
I love Chicken Soup in all shapes and forms, but especially with rice. And it’s even b However, it’s a fact that I cannot cook rice (seriously). I burn it every time. So, instead of burning my pans, I usually buy frozen rice. Recently, I was introduced to Veetee Heat & Eat Rice. It blew the frozen rice I was buying out of the water. Why? Because it tasted better than the frozen brown rice that I was buying, plus I had a lot more flavor options.
Veetee Dine In Rice comes in several different types: Basmati, Whole Grain Brown Rice, Chicken Flavour Rice, Long Grain Rice, Thai Jasmine, Basmati and Wild Rice. Just put it in the microwave for 2 minutes, with the film lid peeled back halfway. Or it can be stir-fried for 2 minutes in a little vegetable oil. Fluff up rice with a fork before serving. I can’t even get this wrong.
Several of Veetee’s Dine In Rices are gluten free. I suggest you check packaging if you have a gluten allergy or intolerance.
My challenge was to create a recipe with Veetee. Since it’s winter and I am a soup addict, I challenged myself to make my dad’s chicken soup recipe, easier and using Veetee rice. My dad’s recipe is a family one and takes around 3 hours (see my post here).
Basically — at the grocery store, grab a package of “Soup” Greens, carrots, a whole chicken (either organic or kosher), chicken stock, celery, mushrooms (optional). This is a soup that you would make over the weekend and serve for two-three days.
Scrumptious Chicken Soup With Rice
- 1 Chicken use either organic or kosher
- 1 package Soup Greens most supermarkets should offer this, it's carrots, celery, a turnip, parsnip, and herbs, packaged together.
- 1 package organic baby carrots
- 1 yellow onion
- 1/2 package celery
- 3 Containers Chicken Stock or use chicken boullon cubes and water
- 8 Cups water
- Cut up whole chicken with scissors
- Open Soup Greens package and peel carrots, turnip, and parsnip
- Peel onion and cut into quarters
- Cut up celery
- Add in chicken stock
- Add water
- Simmer for 3 hours.
- Skim fat off top
- Skim out onion pieces (if you wish)
- Before you serve, heat up Vetee Rice and then add to soup.
If you don’t have the time to make it from scratch, buy chicken stock, add in a chicken breast or two and onions, and soup greens. Simmer for 1 hour or two. Add rice and serve. So, what’s your favorite soup or dish with rice? Are you as rice challenged as I am?
This was a sponsored post, but as always, all opinions are my own.