Since I am watching my carbs and flirting with being gluten free, I try to make sure I have something to eat when I cook a meal for my family. So, I made some whole wheat rigatoni and tossed it with pesto, pre-grilled chicken and avocado. My family enjoyed that, while I made zucchini noodles (aka Zoodles) for myself and then tossed it with the rest of the pesto, grilled chicken, and avocado. And it was delicious!
You can grill the chicken the day before or the day of, but I had to get dinner on the table quick and I already had this in my fridge from the supermarket. My husband and kids loved it. Shh.. don’t tell them how easy it is to make! If you need a spiralizer, this is my fave – the Paderno World Vegetable Spiralizer.
- 1 jar of pesto
- 1 package whole wheat rigatoni or pennie (or three zucchinis, spiralized).
- 2 chicken Breasts (pre-cooked)
- 1 avocado
- Cook pasta according to package direction or spiralize noodles, let them site for 20 minutes and then sautee in a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Add pasta or zoodles into large bowl
- Add diced chicken breast
- Add diced avocado
- Add jar of pesto
- Toss well and serve. Pasta and zoodles can be hot or cold.
This post contains affiliate links (we get a small portion if you buy from our Amazon link).
Please choose a color: