As the weather gets chillier and the Holidays get closer, we’re dreaming about more than stuffing and pumpkin pie. This month, how about celebrating Friendsgiving? Which is a popular take on Thanksgiving, when friends come together to celebrate good food and great company.
Whether you’re planning a Friendsgiving feast or sticking to your traditional Thanksgiving routine, friends are definitely worth being thankful for. Netflix offers so many great shows to show your kids why friends are worth being thankful.
Explore lessons about friendship from a few of the greatest duos, including Rory and Lorelai, Charlotte and Wilbur and Bob and Larry, whose all-new Netflix original, “VeggieTales in the House,” starts streaming Nov. 26.
We’ve got some terrific examples of ‘dynamic duo’ titles to stream on Netflix, which demonstrate the value of all kinds of friendships — whether it’s a sibling bond, classmate or furry friend. If you need some thought starters on how to spark a conversation around friendship with your kids, check out these tips from Common Sense Media.
And “Friends” Fans, — all 10 seasons of “Friends”comes to Netflix on Jan. 1.
20 Dynamic Duos Available on Netflix
For your little kids:
1. Bob and Larry: VeggieTales in the House
2. Bert and Ernie: Sesame Street: Elmo and Friends
3. Bo and Dezzy: Bo on the Go!
4. Justin and Olive: Justin Time
5. Tod and Copper: The Fox and the Hound 2
6. Clifford and Emily Elizabeth: Clifford
And your big kids:
1. Phineas and Ferb
2. Shaggy and Scooby: Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
3. Vada and Thomas: My Girl
4. Martin and Chris: Wild Kratts
5. Finn and Jake: Adventure Time
6. Mario and Luigi: The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!
7. Charlotte and Wilbur: Charlotte’s Web
Plus a few for mom and dad:
1. Rory and Lorelai: Gilmore Girls
2. Schmidt and Nick: New Girl
3. Ted and Barney: How I Met Your Mother
4. Liz and Jack: 30 Rock
5. Walter and Jesse: Breaking Bad
6. Mulder and Scully: The X-Files
7. Wayne and Garth: Wayne’s World
Craft This: Vegetable Stamps
Fun idea — while you’re prepping Friendsgiving dinner, give the kids a few extra veggies, paint and paper to see what fun designs they can make. Click here to learn how to make your own veggie stamps, including instructions for making our favorite veggie friends, Bob the Tomato and Larry the Cucumber.
Make This: Cucumber Rolls with Veggie(Tales) Cream Cheese
Celebrate the launch of VeggieTales (or just enjoy a pre-Friendsgiving snack) with cucumber roll-ups stuffed with veggie cream cheese. Anything can go into cucumber rolls, but for this version we’re sticking to sun-dried tomatoes for Bob the Tomato, a celery stalk for Frankencelery and baby carrots for Laura Carrot. Click here to see how to make your own.
Disclosure: I am a member of Netflix’s Stream Team for the second year. I was supplied with a year’s subscription to the streaming service and an iPad Mini in exchange for being on the Stream Team. All opinions are my own. Photos and courtesy of Netflix, Kelly Ladd Sanchez and Andrea Lynn and are used with permission.
Leave a Reply