We’re Smart Balance fans — my 6 1/2 year old son was diagnosed with ADHD a year ago and his neurologist told us to use as many products with Omega 3’s as possible and Smart Balance contained Omega 3’s. I’ve mentioned this before (on this on blog). Well, Smart Balance noticed and sent a huge assortment of products for me to test out!
I’m crazy about the Omega Plus™ Light Mayonnaise Dressing. It’s tangier than Hellman’s — more like a Miracle Whip taste. And you’re not going to believe it’s reduced fat! We also like the milk and I constantly reach for the Smart Balance Light Buttery Spread when I make anything that needs butter.
On Pinterest and the web, I’ve been hearing about this OMG Parmesan Crusted Chicken (I think Hellman’s created the recipe). I decided to create my own version using Smart Balance’s Mayo and Cooking Spray.
Skinless chicken breasts
Smart Balance Omega Plus™ Light Mayonnaise Dressing
Smart Balance Omega Non-Stick Cooking Spray
Bread crumbs (use whole wheat if possible).
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Use Smart Balance Spray to coat the baking sheet.
3. Coat chicken with mayo. I’m concerned about fat and calorie intake, so I used it sparingly to coat the chicken. I added a tablespoon first, and tried to use a knife to spread it on. It wasn’t easy, so I ended up coating it with my hands.
See how thick the mayo looks on it.. I was able to wipe some of it off and just coat it enough for the breadcrumbs to stick.
4. Then dip each piece into breadcrumbs and coat thoroughly.
5. Bake for 25 minutes, turn over around 13 minutes in.
It was amazing! I served it with Alexia’s Sweet Potato Fries and Target’s frozen Corn, black beans, peppers mix.