Here at The Mama Maven, we mourn the victims of Hamas’s Terrorist Strikes in Israel.
So many people have messaged us via social and asked us how to help. This list will be edited in real time and if you want to send any resources our way to promote, please email at themamamaven At gmail.com
Here are some ways – we are not picking one organization over another, please do your research:
The American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee, Inc.,JDC
The American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee, Inc., JDC, is a nonprofit, tax-exempt charitable organization described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, contributions to which are deductible for federal income tax.
As soon as the crisis began, they have activated their emergency response team and protocols in Israel. In the country’s south, their programs providing support to those now under attack — including the elderly, people with disabilities, children and families at risk — are the backbone of our response to this war.
In the coming days, they will:
- Expand mental health interventions for children and youth at risk
- Strengthen the capacity of nursing homes welcoming elderly Israelis who have fled from the current conflict zone
- Provide emergency support for people with disabilities, including access to a hotline with social workers and psychologists
- Support small businesses and entrepreneurs in southern Israel so they can remain open and financially stable during this uncertain time
- Provide the government of Israel, social workers, and healthcare professionals with critical data on vulnerable populations at this time
- Train front-line professionals to meet the unprecedented needs among the most vulnerable children and families, the elderly, and people with disabilities
United Jewish Federation’s Israel Emergency Fund
The United Jewish Federation’s Israel Emergency Fund is:
- Cash assistance to families and individuals who have been killed, wounded, or kidnapped through the Jewish Agency’s Victims of Terror Fund.
- Trauma relief and counseling to the thousands who have been living in bomb shelters and witnessing the terror firsthand.
- Emergency needs to those in the line of fire including the elderly, children, those with disabilities, and other vulnerable populations.
- Equipment for public hospitals in the south of Israel to provide critical medical treatment for wounded civilians and soldiers.
- Relocation of huge numbers of people from the southern border and northern border, including Ethiopian and Ukrainian refugees who already fled one war and are now living through the horror of another war.
- Charter flights to bring Israeli special forces back to Israel from abroad so that they can rejoin their reserve units.
- Mobilization of civilian volunteers to better coordinate and deploy resources based on needs in the field.
- Enhanced services and supports for Holocaust survivors, including food, medicine, and home care.
- Aid to military personnel and their families to receive care for those who have been injured and to cover the costs of burial and shiva.
If you are a donor from outside the US/Canada, please click here to complete your donation.
Make a Gift to UJA by Mail
If you prefer to make your gift to UJA by mail, please make a note on the check that it’s for Israel Emergency Fund and mail the check to the following address:
UJA-Federation of NY
P.O. Box 4227
New York, NY 10261-4227
Magen David Adom in Israel (EMTS)
MDA is at the front line. In the battle fields, right in the face of danger under missile attacks and Hammas’s heavy artilery. We strive for contact, take care of the injured under fire. We arrive quickly to help the injured in each and every location.
In each Kibbutz that has suffered severe missile barrage and terrible slaughter – it was the MDA’s crews who striked in, under fire, to help rescue the families and give life saving medical treatments to the injured.
Support is urgently needed to purchase medical supplies, essential equipment, and other indispensable devices for healing and saving the lives of some of Israel’s most severely injured victims.
Your gift puts the expression Tikkun Olam (Repair the World) into action as we work to heal and repair our own beloved Israel in these devastating and uncertain times.
Every dollar counts twice, as a generous anonymous donor is matching your gift, dollar-for dollar, up to $1 million
United Hatzalah of Israel is the largest independent, non-profit, fully volunteer emergency medical service (EMS) organization that provides the fastest emergency medical service throughout Israel, and we do it completely free of charge. Our goal is to provide immediate lifesaving medical intervention during the critical window between the onset of an emergency and the arrival of traditional ambulance assistance. United Hatzalah’s services are available to all people regardless of race, religion, or national origin. We have a network of more than 6,500 volunteers across the country, available around the clock – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year – who respond to more than 2,000 emergencies each day. With the help of our innovative GPS-based technology and our iconic ambucycles, we have cut down emergency medical response time in Israel to less than 3 minutes, and in many metropolitan areas, less than 90 seconds.