This post contains affiliate links
So, you may like that Lubalin Song on Tik Tok, “Wake Up Doris” about a woman stealing a Broccoli Casserole recipe. That made me think, if there is such internet drama over a broccoli casserole, shouldn’t I try to make it? So I looked around on the web and decided to add my own spin on one that I found from allrecipes.com. I tried to make it a little healthier, as well as gluten free (because my husband has Celiac). The bonus, it actually turned out to be on the low carb side, so my son with Type 1 Diabetes didn’t have to give himself a lot of insulin for it. And it was delicious, even if you think that Caroline shouldn’t have stolen Helen’s recipe and passed it off on her own. Oh, the drama! But making this gluten free broccoli casserole recipe (and it’s reduced fat) is absolutely delicious! It’s yummy and cheesy. Try it for yourself! Presenting Helen’s Gluten Free Broccoli Casserole Recipe (or what I think it is).
What You’ll Need:
Broccoli – 3 fresh bunches should work – or use three bags (at least 10 ounces total)
1 cup light or reduced fat mayonaise
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup onion, minced
1 can (10.75 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup (gluten free and reduced fat (if possible). There is a Gluten Free Walmart version as well as Pacific Foods
8 ounces reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded – this may be slightly more than one package. If you only have one package, this will still work.
1/8 cup Gluten Free Breadcrumbs (use regular if you are not Gluten Free
Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)
Paprika (to taste)
Cooking Spray or oil (for the pan)
Your oven should be preheated to 350 degrees Fareheight (175 Celsius)
Grease a 9×13 baking dish (I love this Pyrex one with a cover).
In a large mixing bowl, add the beaten egg, mayo, onions and condensed soup.
Clean raw broccoli and cut up or just use frozen broccoli. Place in a larger mixing bowl.
Add in the mayo, condensed soup, egg and onion mixture over broccoli.
Then add shredded reduced fat cheddar.
Add mixture into greased pyrex baking dish. Then add salt, pepper, gluten free bread crumbs and paprika.
Bake for 45 minutes, uncovered.
I adapted this from https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/13606/awesome-broccoli-cheese-casserole/.
Gluten Free Broccoli Casserole
- 3 bunches broccoli or use three bags of frozen (at least 10 ounces total)
- 1 cup light or reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup (gluten free) Reduced Fat if possible
- 8 oz Shredded regular or reduced fat cheddar cheese This may be slightly more than one package.
- 1/8 cup Gluten Free Breadcrumbs use regular if you are not Gluten Free
- To Taste Salt
- To Taste Pepper
- To Taste Paprika
- Cooking Spray or Oil
- Your oven should be preheated to 350 degrees Fareheight (175 Celsius)Grease a 9×13 baking dish (I love this Pyrex one with a cover).In a large mixing bowl, add the beaten egg, mayo, onions and condensed soup.Mix well.Clean raw broccoli and cut up or just use frozen broccoli. Add to Pyrex dish. Add in mixture, shredded reduced fat cheddar, salt, pepper, gluten free bread crumbs, paprika.Bake for 45 minutes, uncovered. Serve!