By Amanda Gurall, Contributor
Giving Tuesday is a great day to give to your favorite charity and makes the perfect bookend to all the nice meals and holiday shopping many of us have been doing lately. I want to share the organization my family has chosen to support this year, Give Kids the World. Did you know about half of the “Make a Wish” children wish to visit Disney World and other Orlando parks? Give Kids The World is an amazing 70 acre resort that gives kids suffering from life threatening illnesses and their families an entire week of magic at no expense.
The families have a week at this incredibly fun resort which has tons of fun activities like horseback riding, mini golf and best of all an ice cream parlor open all day! Families have every need catered to and receive transportation, food, lodging and donated tickets to Disney World, Sea World and Universal. I came across this organization after we returned from our second trip to Disney and I just welled up reading about the wonderful gift they give to these children. My daughter and I have been saving up money and I was happy to see that because of a generous donor, every donation made TODAY,December 3rd will be matched! Here are a few more facts about GKTW, I hope you might find this a great organization to support and that you might donate today as well!
- GKTW uses an amazing 91.7 cents on the dollar directly to the resort, well above the national average.
- They were given the highest rating from Charity Navigator
- They have helped 122,000 families from all 50 states and 72 countries; no child is turned down.|
- Volunteers provide 1,500 hours of support each week
- Any amount helps, even $10.00 buys a child food for a day, and $25 buys their family ice cream all week!
Donate Here: http://www.gktw.org/