By Nancy Johnson Horn, Editor —
Last Saturday, American Express celebrated the launch of their new Amex EveryDay Card and, as a founding partner and dedicated sponsor, the conclusion of the 2014 Tribeca Film Festival by hosting a day of fun for families at Brooklyn Bowl. I was invited with my family and had a blast!
As I may have mentioned before, we are very careful with our own credit cards. We usually use one card only and look for a credit card that offers rewards. American Express designed the EveryDay Card for busy moms to reward them for their EveryDay moments; whether that be a trip to the grocery store or an afternoon of family bowling.
We really enjoyed Brooklyn Bowl. This fun place offered comfy couches, bowling lanes, great food (and a huge beer selection) and we also enjoyed a complimentary screening of the Tribeca Film “Moon Man”. I even got to spin a fun prize wheel (I won a $10 Starbucks gift card) and ducked into a photobooth with my toddler.
Features of the Amex EveryDay Card:
The Amex EveryDay Card is a no-annual-fee Credit Card that puts a twist on the traditional rewards program; it rewards Card Members for how often they shop , and not just how much they spend. Use the Card 20 or more times on purchases in a billing period and earn 20% extra Membership Rewards® points on all those purchases less returns and credits. *Terms and limitations apply
· 0% introductory rate on purchases and balance transfers for the first 15 months.
· EMV chip technology for added security
· Earn 2x Membership Rewards points at U.S. supermarkets, on up to $6,000 per year on purchases (then 1x); and 1x points on all other purchases.Terms and limitations apply.
· Use the Card to make 20 or more purchases in a billing period and earn 20% extra points on all those purchases less returns and credits.Terms and limitations apply.
· A digital counter in the Amex Mobile app helps keep track of each qualifying purchase for the bonus, so Card Members always know when they’re close to earning 20% extra Membership Rewards points.
· Redeem points for a variety of rewards, including using them towards recent charges with Use Points for Charges (Terms & Conditions), redeeming for gift cards or merchandise, and booking travel at amextravel.com, or transferring them for miles in the frequent flyer programs of 17 different airlines.
Thank you to American Express for sponsoring this fun event. I won a $10 gift card, no other compensation was received.