I had thought by my early 40’s I’d be battling wrinkles. Surprisingly I’m not (except for one big one line between my eyebrows that I’ve nicknamed Fritz). However I still get blemishes. I guess that’s the curse of having youthful skin, right?
I’m never sure what to use on my face to keep my complexion clear. Mary Kay recently contacted me and offered to send me their Proof Acne System . It’s a skin care regimen that uses salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide together as its acne fighting ingredients.
I was sent their Clarifying Cleansing Gel, Blemish Control Toner, Acne Treatment Gel and an Oil-Free Moisturizer for Acne-Prone Skin. The difference is that it works together to attack acne in multiple ways – it not only clears up existing acne, but also helps keep future acne from forming in the first place.
About the Clear Proof Acne System
- The key to a clear complexion is using a skin care regimen that uses combination salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide as its acne fighting ingredients. The Clear Proof Acne System from Mary Kay uses this approach.
- Salicylic acid exfoliates dead skin while benzoyl peroxide reduces bacteria. Together, these ingredients visibly reduce the number of acne blemishes, their severity, and prevent new pimples from forming.
What’s Included in the Clear Proof System:
- The Clarifying Cleansing Gel – which gives the skin a deep clean, removing dirt, excess oil and impurities. The salicylic acid formula helps to reduce the shine and unclog pores to help achieve clearer skin.
- Blemish Control Toner – removes dead skin cells to help keep pores from clogging and prevent new pimples from forming. The salicylic acid-based formula cleanses skin completely to help tighten pores and appear less noticeable to give you healthy, clearer skin.
- Acne Treatment Gel – penetrates and clears pores to target bacteria and visibly reduce a pimples redness. The benzoyl peroxide product absorbs bacteria quickly to help reduce the number of pimples, and allows the skin to heal and prevent future breakouts.
- Oil-Free Moisturizer for Acne-Prone Skin – is fast- absorbing, lightweight, non-pore-clogging formula that helps provide your skin with the balanced hydration that it needs. The formula helps control shine and excess oil to leave skin feeling nourished and healthier.
While writing this review, I actually did get a blemish and I swear that it cleared up so much quicker by using the Clear Proof System, which I have used religiously every day. The moisturizer is light and I love putting it on after I shower in the morning. Call me a convert!!The Clear Proof System from Mary Kay is available for $45 and individual products range from $10 to $17.
Buy it on Amazon (using our affiliate link – we get a tiny percentage).
The Clear Proof Acne System has been provided by Mary Kay. No compensation was received and as always, all opinions are my own.