I had thought by my early 40’s I’d be battling wrinkles. Surprisingly I’m not (except for one big one line between my eyebrows that I’ve nicknamed Fritz). However I still get blemishes. I guess that’s the curse of having youthful skin, right?
I’m never sure what to use on my face to keep my complexion clear. Mary Kay recently contacted me and offered to send me their Proof Acne System . It’s a skin care regimen that uses salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide together as its acne fighting ingredients.
I was sent their Clarifying Cleansing Gel, Blemish Control Toner, Acne Treatment Gel and an Oil-Free Moisturizer for Acne-Prone Skin. The difference is that it works together to attack acne in multiple ways – it not only clears up existing acne, but also helps keep future acne from forming in the first place.
About the Clear Proof Acne System
- The key to a clear complexion is using a skin care regimen that uses combination salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide as its acne fighting ingredients. The Clear Proof Acne System from Mary Kay uses this approach.
- Salicylic acid exfoliates dead skin while benzoyl peroxide reduces bacteria. Together, these ingredients visibly reduce the number of acne blemishes, their severity, and prevent new pimples from forming.
What’s Included in the Clear Proof System:
- The Clarifying Cleansing Gel – which gives the skin a deep clean, removing dirt, excess oil and impurities. The salicylic acid formula helps to reduce the shine and unclog pores to help achieve clearer skin.
- Blemish Control Toner – removes dead skin cells to help keep pores from clogging and prevent new pimples from forming. The salicylic acid-based formula cleanses skin completely to help tighten pores and appear less noticeable to give you healthy, clearer skin.
- Acne Treatment Gel – penetrates and clears pores to target bacteria and visibly reduce a pimples redness. The benzoyl peroxide product absorbs bacteria quickly to help reduce the number of pimples, and allows the skin to heal and prevent future breakouts.
- Oil-Free Moisturizer for Acne-Prone Skin – is fast- absorbing, lightweight, non-pore-clogging formula that helps provide your skin with the balanced hydration that it needs. The formula helps control shine and excess oil to leave skin feeling nourished and healthier.
While writing this review, I actually did get a blemish and I swear that it cleared up so much quicker by using the Clear Proof System, which I have used religiously every day. The moisturizer is light and I love putting it on after I shower in the morning. Call me a convert!!The Clear Proof System from Mary Kay is available for $45 and individual products range from $10 to $17.
Buy it on Amazon (using our affiliate link – we get a tiny percentage).
The Clear Proof Acne System has been provided by Mary Kay. No compensation was received and as always, all opinions are my own.
don’t have a routine; maybe
Angela P. says
I need to use a skin care system like this. My skin has changed since having kids. I currently don’t use anything fancy.. just Neutrogena. But I would love to try this!
veronica hay says
I just use my cocoa butter after every shower. I think this would work!!!
Trisha W says
I really do. Not matter what I do I get acne. But I have tried Mary Kay before and noticed a difference so I think that this would work amazing for me!
I just use a cleanser right now. I am overwhelmed with so many products out there, so I think this system would work well.
my skin routine right now is just simply washing my face morning and night and putting on sunscreen whenever i go out. I have no idea if clear proof acne will work for me, but since I’ve had acne since high school and have tried numerous products, trying clear proof will do no harm and i am hopeful it will work!
Tracy Jones says
I usually just wash my face. I would love to try this system.
Crissie Woolard says
I wash my face every night and every morning. I do think it would work
Sara garcia says
I don’t have a routine other than sporadically using a face wash after wearing makeup. I would like to try the Mary Kay Clear Proof Acne System as I still get stubborn acne.
i wash my face twice a day and i would love to try this
Julie L says
I’m not that diligent about my skin care routine. Just wash my face and moisturize but I should use sunscreen! I hope it workS!
ellen casper says
My routine is to wash my face when I shower with a face wash and against night. I would love to try it and I think it would work great from what i have read.
Jessica Padilla says
I dont have a routine, but would love to try clear proof.
Fiona N says
My skincare routine is simple, wash face with cleanser and then moisturizer. I would love to try these Clear proof for my acne skin!
Thank You for the chance
I previously had a very simple skincare routine of gentle cleanse followed by moisturizer, but I have recently begun to breakout quite a bit so I think this will definitely help me.
Erin B. says
Currently using Arbonne, but it is almost gone and too expensive for me to buy again. This would be perfect for me 🙂
Danielle Porter says
I use witch hazel in the morning and wash it every night! I would love to try this and see if it would work!
Jessica H. says
My usual skincare routine is to wash my face when I shower with a daily face wash. But I know Clear Proof would work for me because I once was able to use it for a 7-day free trial, and it worked wonders. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to afford it.
wendy rozema says
I moisturize my skin daily, Yes, I think this would work for me!
Marci Wright says
I use a citrus scrub at night. I would like to try this for the occasional breakout.
I wash my face with cetaphil, moisturize with cetaphil, and then put a little extra very thick eucerin moisturizer on dry spots. I do get the breakouts every now and then, especially with changes in the weather.
I always wash my face in the morning and at night, I use my cream with sunscreen for the day, at night I get cucumber mask and helps me a little. I would like to try these new products and give something to renew my face !!!
I usually get whatever is on sale. This sounds really luxurious and I would love to try it on my skin.
I always make sure i wash my face in the morning and before going to bed. No matter the season I always wear a tinted moisturizer with SPF. I still get that pimple from time to time so this would really work for me!
Em Mahr says
My current skincare routine consists of cetaphil face wash and moisturizer followed by neutrogena acne spot treatment. This current routine is not helping my adult acne – I have high hopes that the Mary Kay Clear Proof will work for me.
I currently use Origins products and like them quite a bit, but it sounds like you and I have similar skin. No real wrinkles to speak of (though I have a Fritz of my own!) but I still get blemishes too. I’d love to try this!