We had a wonderful time this past Saturday at Arthur Ashe Kids Day at the US Open, at the USTA National Tennis Center in nearby Flushing, Queens.
Hess Toy Trucks was a major sponsor and there were several blow up trucks around the grounds. There were also many sponsor booths, such as Lavazza Coffee, Visit Orlando, and Oreo Thins (yum — we tried them). Celebrity Shaun T (of Insanity and Cize) hosted and got the crowd very exited.
The American Authors, Natalie La Rosa, Jacob Whitesides, Bea Miller and more performed. We had a great time.
Tips for Enjoying Arthur Ashe Kids Day
- Arrive early! The gates opened around 10 AM. The Stadium Show starts at 1PM, so you want to go early to take advantage of all the fun activities before the lines get too long.
- Parking is a nightmare and you will have to park far away and in Flushing Meadows Corona Park and then take a bus over. Try to take public transportation if possible (The Hall of Science is closer than any of the parking lots at the park, so try to park near there and make your way BEHIND the Hall of Science/Terrace on the Park Area) to the US. Open.
- There are a lot of great, free experiences, but you might have to wait your turn.
- Bring hats and umbrella to shade from the sun for the stadium show. It’s really hot and sunny out so have some way to give kids relief.
- You may want to bring one of the water bottles or small mister fans – it’s really hot. There are some big fans that mist water.
Thank you to the US Open for supplying review tickets to the Stadium show.