Mr. S started first grade the end of last week in NYC. All summer we had been searching for the perfect dinosaur backpack (Mr. S. is OBSESSED). I had tried showing my little guy several different brands and backpacks, but my guy fell in love with Percival the Dinosaur from BeatrixNY ($52). Graciously, Beatrix NY sent it to us so we could determine if it was the perfect dinosaur back pack for active little boys. Read on for our thoughts!
My son had a lot of requirements.
His backpack had to have a dinosaur. Check!
It couldn’t be pink, but blue or green was fine. Check — it was green and white.
It had to have a front pocket for his snacks. Check!
It had to have chest straps. Check!
It had to fit his notebooks and folders (okay, this was me talking). But — check!
It had to be durable. Well… we’ve used back packs from Beatrix NY before, so I knew that it would be last beyond this school year. Check!
The Big Kid Pack is big enough to hold my son’s books, lunch – even a laptop or iPad. We love the embroidery and this nylon backpack is durable. There’s a smaller interior pocket in the pack, the outside has a large laminated, wipeable front pocket and two side pockets. The back panel and shoulder straps are padded and there’s a chest strap. This backpack is sized for kids ages 4 to 10.
And guess what? All of Beatrix NY’s backpacks are machine-washable! Close the zippers, maybe spray with a little stain remover, add some detergent and run alone in the machine on a cold, gentle cycle. Skip the dryer and let it air dry.
Our verdict: We love anything by Beatrix NY for good reason, their products are well made AND super cute. My daughter had their Lady Bug Backpack when she was in Kindergarten and it held up really well. We also have the rolling Dieter Suitcase, which looks brand new, even though it’s over 4 years old and has been on many trips. My little guy loves his Percival the Dino Backpack and it’s the absolute perfect size for him.
Features of the Big Kid Pack:
• Main compartment spacious enough to hold a standard binder and lunch box in addition to a couple of favorite library books and small toys
• Interior pocket
• Front laminated panel pocket
• Beautifully embroidered details
• Heavy-duty stitching insures sturdy seams
• Strong, custom-shaped metal zipper pulls easy for kids to manage
• Fitted chest clip
• Top haul loop for easy bag hanging
• Fits our Lunch Box, Bento Box and “Cozy Can” Water Bottle add-ons
• Pair with our coordinating “Wheelie Bag” Suitcase for ultimate fashion travel style
• Write-on name tag on back
• Machine-washable in cold, gentle cycle with zipper closed. Line dry.
• Tested PVC Free, phthalate free, lead free & BPA free
• Measurement size (inches): 10.75l x 15h x 6w
Get more info at http://www.beatrixny.com/ and get free shipping for orders of $50 or more in the continental US!
Buy on Amazon – http://amzn.to/2nsNbyO
Read our other posts about Beatrix NY
Thank you to Beatrix NY for sending us this backpack. As always, all opinions are my own.
A Boy and HIs Percival the Dino Big Kid Pack from Beatrix NY
[…] A Boy and His Percival the Dino Big Kid Pack from Beatrix NY […]