It seems like all three of my kids were sick in January, February, and March. Sometimes it was fevers, sometimes it was vomiting, sometimes it was both — and then sometimes it was a cold (with or without a cough). I always feel so helpless and want to make them comfortable. So, to keep things under control, there are some things that I always do. This way, the kids know what to expect from me and I know how to manage things, even when I can’t manage their symptoms.
Sick Day Survival Tips
1. Make sure there is a working thermometer in the house
2. Line sick child’s bed and floor with towels
2. Make sure there is a bucket (or pail ) near the sick child’s bed.
3. Cover couches with towels (for daytime tv watching) and have a bucket handy
4. Keep child hydrated with water, juice, pediatric electrolyte drinks, or chicken soup
5. Limit dairy (our doctor has told us that it doesn’t matter, but I still have my kids skip dairy when they’re sick)
We also make sure we have children’s ibuprophen and kids cold medicine in the house, like the products that Pfizer offers for kids.
Pfizer Pediatric products include Children’s Advil®, Children’s Robitussin®, and Children’s Dimetapp®.
Ease aches and pains, while reducing a child’s fever fast with Children’s Advil®, a great solution for kids as young as 2 and up to 11. Children’s Advil® comes in several great-tasting flavors, including: Sugar-free Dye-free Berry, Bubble Gum, Grape, Blue Raspberry, Fruit and Dye-Free White Grape flavors. There’s also Infants’ Advil® White Grape, which provides unsurpassed fever relief with a syringe for easy dosing for children 6-23 months.
Formulated just for kids, Children’s Robitussin® DM Day/Night Pack (Children’s Robitussin® Cough & Chest Congestion and Children’s Robitussin® Nighttime Cough) non-drowsy daytime formula helps break up chest congestion, while the long-acting nighttime formula relieves coughs and runny noses to help kids get the rest they need.
You can go on the Pfizer Pediatric Platform and use their Sick Sense Relief Finder to figure out what may be up with them.
*It is important to remember to always read and keep the cartons for complete warnings and dosing information on Pfizer Pediatric Platform products and to use as directed”
Get Social With Pfizer:
- Sick just got real.™ website
- Sick just got real.™ Facebook page
- Pfizer products are available on Target.com
Win a Prize Pack with Pfizer Pediatric Products (Children’s Advil®, Children’s Robitussin®, Children’s Dimetapp®) and $15 Paypal Cash.