ConAgra Brands sponsored this post, but the opinions are my own
It seems like every school year, things get busier and busier and I have to fight more and more to get a delicious meal on the table. All three of my kids have activities and sometimes it gets a little crazy with our time management. Sometimes I need a dinner quickly on the table but I don’t want to spend a fortune on takeout. Plus everyone wants something different. But I have a few tricks up my sleeve and some go-to-ideas that I swear by. With my go-to meals, everyone in my family is happy and that makes things so much easier for me. One of my go-to meals is PF Chang’s Home Menu Chicken Fried Rice. My Go-To Dinner Idea: PF Chang’s Home Menu Chicken Fried Rice
This is one skillet meal always makes my family happy so I always make sure to have a bag in my freezer. I can get it on the table in under 8 minutes, add a salad, and boom – we’ve got dinner!
I pick it up in freezer section at the Walmart near my mother’s house. I go for the 36 oz size to feed my family. When I need a quick dinner because things are busy – I heat up my copper skillet and quickly sauté the PF Chang’s Home Menu Chicken Fried Rice.
There’s chunks of real chicken, scrambled eggs, rice and veggies and everyone in my family agrees that this is a favorite.
Meal planning is a great idea, but most of the time, I don’t have my act together — so I keep some things on hand like:
- Frozen Fish – I always have frozen fish like wild caught salmon or cod. Quickly defrost (in a bowl of hot water) and then wrap in parchment paper (add some olive oil and lemon on top) cook at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Chicken Cutlets – On the weekends, I will lightly bread chicken, cook it and keep it in the fridge to add to a quick dinner.
- Big Salad – On the weekends, I also make a big salad and keep that in my fridge so I can serve out portions during the week. I use grape tomatoes rather than cut up tomatoes so it stays longer.
- Cut up veggies – I also try to keep veggies that I can cut up quickly and serve with a side of ranch dressing. This is great for my oldest child, who is a Type 1 Diabetic. He can snack on cucumbers and celery for no carbs and add some ranch dressing, which is low carb.
- Stock your freezer! I always have a package (or 3) of PF Chang’s Home Menu Chicken Fried Rice, as well as other things that I can make quickly. There is also an Ibotta offer at Walmart for $1 off on PF Chang’s Home Menu and Bertolli frozen meals.
P.F. Chang’s and P.F. Chang’s Home Menu® are registered trademarks owned by P.F. Chang’s China Bistro, Inc. and are used with permission. Bertolli® is a registered trademark of R&B Foods, Inc., used under license.