I’m one of those people who always needs to have my MacBook Pro laptop charged. For plane trips and car trips. At home and on the go. But it gets confusing navigating your regular charger, apple airplane chargers and car chargers — and expensive. I’m techy, but not that techy. So, I had to get creative and figure out what I really needed. Then I found this: The Universal All-in-one Macbook Magsafe AC / DC car /airline adapter with USB port on Mikegyver.com. (Read More after the jump)
From Mikegvyer’s site: There are virtually legal no solutions on the market that will allow you to both power and CHARGE ANY Macbook Air, Macbook, or Macbook pro laptops from any Power source such as Cars, boats, Airlines, and home/office. Inverters do not offer a good solution because it is wasteful, inefficient, dangerous,and require one extra clumsy item to carry around.
Solution: A perfect replacement or upgrade to your Apple adapter. The All-in-one AC/DC Car / Airline (Empower plug included) adapter is a direct power solution with Magsafe cable. You can charge your Macbook / Macbook Pro / Macbook Air on the Airplane, Car, Truck, Boat and house! NO more wasted energy using inverters!
Because it’s a MagSafe Adapter, you’ll continue to enjoy MagSafe convenience just as you’re already enjoying at home or work. The magnetic DC plug both ensures a tight connection and enables a clean break from the power port if there is undue tension — preventing your MacBook from being pulled off of your tray table if someone accidentally yanks the cord. -Apple Computer
Packed with 90 watts of power, the Mikegyver Universal ALL-in-one Notebook AC/DC Power Adapter delivers all the power you need for your Macbook Air, Macbook, and Macbook Pro. It will also CHARGE both your Macbook Pro AND iPad at the SAME time! With its AC and DC power options, you always have the right adapter–whether in the office, on the road, or in the air. The Mikegyver Universal All-in-one Notebook AC/DC Power Adapter is the ideal replacement for your existing power supply. It is designed to provide reliable power for today’s larger, high-performance notebooks as well as other small mobile electronics such as iPods, cell phones, DVD players, and PDAs that uses the USB port.
- It WILL Charge the internal battery ANYWHERE(home, Car, Airplane) while you use it.
- Powers and charges from any AC (home/office) or DC (Car/Airline) source (Includes Empower plug)
- It is not an inverter, so can be more than 90% efficient then using inverters.
- Provides the right power for your Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air & Provides the right power for iPad, iPods, iPhone, cell phones, DVD players, and PDAs.
- An ideal replacement or upgrade for your existing power supply
- Includes: various tips for other laptops, extra tips optional.
- Built in 2.1a USB port on side to charge the NEW iPad.
- Can include genuine magsafe cable for either Macbook/Macbook Pro or Macbook Air.
- It IS compatible with automobile power ports and extremely more efficient then inverters.
- Low power safety automatic shut off so that it will not completely drain your car battery.
- Users will be able to use optional accessories such as external Batteries with just Magsafe cable.
- 120vac 2.2A / 240vac 1.3A, 60/50 Hz input & 11-16vdc 8.5A input.
- 1 Year Warranty.
- 90w AC/DC with USB port on side.
- Multiple power tips for other laptops.
- Dimensions: 5.8″x2.11″x 0.8″
- AC Input cord: 4 feet
- DC Input cord: 2 feet
- DC Output cord: 3 feet
- Magsafe cable: 3 feet (DC output + Magsafe cable = 6 feet)
- WILL NOT trip airline 75w limitation if you are charging a fully depleted Macbook Pro like most other solutions on the Market!
* Magsafe cable harvested from genuine Apple adapters, not from grey market parts. He’s not violating Apple’s patents on anything
You can send in your magsafe apple adapter and Mike will take $80 off the price or for full price, he will include one.
I chose to have Mike include one and the total cost was around $180. Figure in that I always go through Magsafe cables (I’m on cable #3 at home and my laptop is 14 months old) – so this one is already saving me $80, and that apple’s Apple Magsafe Airline Power Adapter MA598Z/A costs around $199, Spal Magsafe 60w Car Charger Adapter for Macbook Pro 13″ 13-inch Notebook is $30.99, it adds up quickly to stay charged!
Have a universal adapter already? You can just buy the adapted magsafe cable or have Mikegyver adjust yours – go here to figure out what you need.
I found Mike very easy to deal with and I’m happy to say I’m on my second trip now and I’m fully powered (I’m writing this from my seat on the plane). I had actually left my regular cable at home, so I can just used this. If I want to use it on the airline’s power cord, I just pull the regular cord out and add the airline/car adapter.
I recommend checking out his site to figure out your on-the-go power needs. Yeah for small businesses who get an A+ in customer service Tell him Nancy from The Mama Maven Blog sent you!
Thank you to Mikegyver.com for giving me free shipping. I paid for this product myself. As always, all opinions are my own.