By Nancy Johnson Horn, Editor —
It may be a new year, but we can always commit to trying to eat right and exercising. I love green smoothies! Adding kale or greens to a smoothie just kicks up the nutrition.
You can do either a milk, nut milk, juice, or coconut water base. It’s pretty hard to mess up a smoothie! I also added organic celery, frozen mango (you do not have to buy organic mangoes, it’s a clean food), frozen pineapple (you do not have to buy organic mangoes, also a clean food), 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder and a 1 big handful of greens (I used OrganicGirl’s Super Greens).
Protein Packed Green Smoothie
- 16 oz orange juice you can sub in water, coconut water, or any kind of juice or milk
- 2 ribs celery I used organic
- 3/4 cup frozen mango pieces you do not have to buy organic mangoes, it's a clean food
- 1 cup frozen pineapple you do not have to buy organic mangoes, also a clean food
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 big handful of greens I used OrganicGirl's Super Greens
- Blend and enjoy!
Do you make green smoothies? What do you like to put in them?