Who loves soup? Since I can’t have cream in my soups (for lactose sensitivity reasons) sometimes I need to get creative when I want a creamy soup. However, this creamy cauliflower soup contains NO dairy and it’s so creamy! It’s also a clean eating, gluten-free soup and very filling. Read on, gentle readers!
Just steam a head of cauliflower, then puree the cauliflower with a cup of chicken broth. I used my vitamix to puree the cauliflower and chicken broth, if you don’t have a vitamix, an immersion blender or food processor should work.
Note, this soup will have to be heated up AFTER you puree it if you don’t use a vitamix (which heats it up as you puree it).
Top with parsley. That’s it. If you want to keep it vegan/vegetarian, add vegetable broth instead of the chicken broth.
Creamy Non-Dairy Cauliflower Soup
It’s also a gluten free and clean eating soup.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 cup of chicken broth (can sub in vegetable broth)
- 1 pinch of Parsley
- Cut up and steam cauliflower
- Transfer cauliflower to a vitamix or powerful blender. If you you don't have a powerful blender, use an immersion blender or a food processor. Add chicken broth. Start by adding 1 cup, add more if you need to thin it out a little.
- If you don't have a vitamix, you may need to heat up the soup a little (if you have a vitamix, it will heat it as you blend).
- Pour into bowls and top with parsley. You may need to add salt.
Enjoy my creamy non-dairy cauliflower soup!