This post is sponsored by Depend® Brand. All opinions and statements are my own.
I’m on a journey to becoming healthier, and drinking water is a huge part of that. I often forget to drink water and find myself feeling dehydrated. But how do you drink a lot of water when you have a bladder leakage problem (like I do)? There are several things that I do to hydrate myself and I hope I can help you to drink more water by sharing my tips. Plus, I’m going to challenge YOU with a 30 Day Water Challenge to drink more water. The Importance of Drinking Water and 30 Day Water Challenge
Nearly 65 million Americans experience bladder leakage in one form or another, but bladder leakage doesn’t have to get in the way of living a confident, uninterrupted life. I recently spoke to my doctor and found some great tips from WebMD about getting that H20 in.
Tips to Help to Keep You Hydrated When You Have A Bladder issue
Water needs to be part of your daily routine. Figure out when you get your ounces in. Experts say that you should drink 8 ounces of water, 8 times a day. That’s 64 ounces and easier than you think!
– Try to drink a glass of water after you wake up and brush your teeth. I try to do this every morning and it forces me to slow down a little and relax before the morning rush with the kids starts. (- 8)
– Drink at least 8 ounces of water with each meal (that’s 24 ounces really easily) (-24)
– During your workout, fill your water bottle with at least 16 ounces of water. You can easily squeeze in a bathroom break before, during, or right after your workout. I go to a small gym and there’s a bathroom that is available to me (which makes me feel more confident). If I go out for a 30 minute fast cardio walk, I sip water as I walk and then go home and use the bathroom. (-16)
– As I sit and get work done in the afternoon, I sip on a glass of water or two (-8 or -16)
-My husband and I will watch Netflix before we go to sleep, so I try to have a glass of water next to me as we watch our favorite shows (-8)
That’s how I can easily get 64 ounces in per day. Now, I know what you may be thinking: What if I have a bladder issue? I do, and this is how I handle drinking my water.
5 Easy Ways to Drink More Water
1.Kegels! Ladies, do your kegels! This can really help. My doctor said that I need to make sure to do this every day and it’s helping me so far.
2.Cut back on the caffeine – I know, this may be a hard one for you, but try to cut down on drying liquids like coffee and teas. I feel a difference when I drink iced coffee (which I love).
3.Get an aluminum (or reusable) water bottle and take it around with you. I know if I drink cold water, I am likely to drink more. I try to take the water bottle with me and take small sips. I always have an urge to go anyway, so if I sip slowly, it’s totally doable for me. I love this one by ZAK – it helps me to track how much water I drink: https://amzn.to/2Qah6Lp
4. Sweeten using fruit. I will also add berries to my water to sweeten it naturally. Frozen ones work wonderfully (and then I end up eating the berries once I finish my water — score!
5. Realize that you are protected if you are wearing Depend® FIT-FLEX Underwear®. If I know I’ll be out for long stretches of time and I’m not sure where the nearest bathroom might be, I know I can count on Depend® Underwear to make me feel comfortable and confident. Not getting your daily water in can actually irritate your bladder, so I ensure I can stay healthy by turning to the Depend brand.
So, if you do have incontinence, what tips do you have for me about drinking water?
30 Day Water Challenge:
This is really simple – I’m going to challenge you to drink at least 64 ounces of water per day with me.
To take this challenge with me – either follow the directions here or in the giveaway below:
- Keep track of the water you are drinking. I use tally marks in my Notes app. 1 Tally mark means 8 oz of water.
- Every day, either leave a comment on this post, tag me on Instagram or twitter with #30daywaterchallengeTMM and be sure to tag me @themamamaven
- At the end of the month (now July 23), let’s see how many days we were able to get our H20 in! I will pick two random winners who have tagged me with #30daywaterchallengeTMM or entered on the Giveawqay form and give them a $20 Starbucks Card (electronic delivery).
If you experience incontinence, join The Incontinence Community to connect with others, get advice and even share your own tips: http://bit.ly/InconCommunity