Gluten Free Instant Pot Beef Stew
This gluten free Instant Pot Beef Stew is flavorful and perfect for busy, cold evenings.
Electric Pressure Cooker
- 2 one pound 2-one pound packages of beef stew meat (I used Angus beef chunks)
- 1 medium sized yellow onion
- 1 cube frozen garlic I used Dorot
- 4 tbsp Gluten Free Flour I like (Bob's Red Mill 1-1)
- 6-8 large mushrooms I used Baby Bella
- 1 packet McCormick Gluten Free Beef Stew Seasoning Mix - It's pricier on Amazon, look for it first in your local supermarket.
- 4-5 cups water Use less water if you want a thicker stew
- 6-8 medium or small russet potatoes or 4-5 bigger potatoes
- 1 bag baby carrots Can add a second one if you prefer
Open the stew meat packages and coat the beef stew cubes in the gluten free flour. I used my square 11 cup pyrex storage dish for this and it worked perfectly to handle the two pounds of stew meat. Then you'll turn on your instant pot to the sauté mode. Let your pot get hot and then add some oil or oil spray. I used both oil spray and olive oil (I don't react well to oil, so I try not to use a lot). Then add your gluten free flour coated beef stew cubes and sauté until browned on all sides. Make sure you use a stainless steel spoon because the GF Flour may stick to the bottom of your Instant Pot liner. This may take up to 10 minutes.Once your meat is nicely browned, add in all of your other ingredients and then put the top of your Instant Pot on and turn the knob to sealing.Set your Instant Pot on Manual High Pressure to 45 minutes. Remember it takes time for your Instant Pot to come to pressure, so make sure you have around an hour or so before you need to get this on the table. After the timer goes off, I let this sit for around 5-7 minutes before I released the pressure (using the knob). Remember to always be careful - something like this Dragon Steam Diverter may help you not to be burned.Serve your Beef Stew!